Menu
Shivamandsonia
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Long wait for cable installation

Hi,

I have taken out Virgin media broadband for new house I have bought. I booked in the installation on 10th Dec, however when then engineer came he noted there was no cable running to the house. He was really helpful and said he would call it in for the cable to be fitted. When I called Virgin media today they said that it has been booked in on 27th January - that is almost 2 months away. It's a poor mobile reception area and the house does have any signal so the booster we have got needs to have broadband. This is a really long wait, thinking about cancelling the order but I wanted to stick to Virgin. Has anyone else had this issue?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long wait for cable installation

Hi Shivamandsonia,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however the work that needs doing is not the norm and we will ensure we get things done as quickly as possible for you. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos