Menu
Nomorepricehike
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Long time to refund money

I moved from Virgin to Sky on 30 September 2016 after being with Virgin phone/TV/internet for a long, long time. - reasons for leaving  being Virgins many price hikes and getting a much better deal with Sky for 12 months. I've sent all the equipment back weeks ago and received confirmation from Virgin it has been received. Virgin owe me £37.59 and I still, on 4 November, haven't received a cheque. When I phoned Virgin today I was told it takes 35 days from date of disconnection to even think about issuing a cheque.

Don't know about anyone else but I think in this hi-tec age 35 days is a ridiculous time frame. Smacks of what the Power companies do/did - sit on your money. I've logged a complaint but doubt anything will happen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long time to refund money

Hi Nomorepricehike

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums about the cheque refund process.

I appreciate you popping by to discuss this with us and thanks too for joining us on the forums.

The refund process follows the 35 day ruling so that all unbilled charges and credits are levied against the services our customers have within the full billing month after the disconnection takes place.

Though this happens very rarely, sometimes there are unbilled calls which can take time to hit our billing servers. Similarly, credits can be applied up to 30 days after the cancellation applies.

Once the 35 days has passed we can generate the final bill with the relevant charges/credits for the customer.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Nomorepricehike
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not really - it's your 35 day thing. Virgin sitting on MY money since 30/9. Nothing in post today 7/11. Will remember this when considering returning to Virgin as an option in 12 months.

0 Kudos
Nomorepricehike
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

9th November - 40 days and counting...........superfast broadband - superslow refunds

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nomorepricehike, 

Apologies to hear you've still not received your cheque. As the 35 days have now passed, you should be receiving any refund due to you any day now. 

I understand it's frustrating and it seems slow to you but as Karen mentioned previously, we need to ensure we are making sure you are receiving your full refund and any outstanding charges are covered. 

If you're still waiting by Tuesday then pop back and let us know and we'll be able to do a chaser for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Nomorepricehike
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kath - It's now 41 days since I left Virgin and it's ok to receive pleasantaries and vagaries on this board but doesn't help me really. You are asking me to wait until15 November - that's 46 days after disconnection - not really good enough.
Here is a counter proposal - contact your refunds/accounts people and let me know when the cheque was issued. You might find them slow to respond but keep trying and get back to me.
Meanwhile I will write to MoneyMail for them to investigate how much money Virgin sits on when customers leave and also to Ofcom about this matter

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nomorepricehike, 

Thanks again for coming back to me on this. 

The cheque gets processed 35 days after the account has been disconnected. By the time it's processed and sent out via post and delivered we ask for a maximum of 14 days for it to be received by you. 

Until November 15th, we're unable to chase this. I understand it's frustrating and I can only apologise for that but I can also only follow Virgin Media Process. 

As mentioned before, let me know if you've still not received it and we can then take a look for you. Until then it is a waiting game. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Nomorepricehike
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So you are saying it can take nearly 50 days from the termination to receiving a refund - disgraceful. I said above that this might make me think again about re-joining Virgin - I would never think about that now and I was with you for a long time.
It will be interesting how your company replies to the MoneyMail enquiry about sitting on customers money.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nomorepricehike, 

We're really sad to hear you wouldn't consider coming back to us. Smiley Sad

As for 'sitting on customer's money' this is untrue. The reality is that the money needs to be refunded so it doesn't make any sense for us to keep the money longer than we need to and we don't. 

As mentioned before, once the account is disconnected we need to ensure you haven't got any un-billed charges left on the account before issuing a refund. We've worked with OFCOM to ensure our process is fair and honest too. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos