Menu
jbraner
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Long time customer - best way to upgrade package?

Hi,

I've had broadband since before Virgin took over Telewest. I'm currently on broadband only, but I'm thinking about adding a landline phone package. I'm not so interested in a TV package - but it may or may not be included.

I keep getting phone calls from Virgin, offering me "special deals" - but only if I agree right there and then.

That is never going to happen. I would like to read through what I'm signing up for, and see what my options are - before I sign up for anything.

I'm not going to go the chat route - as that is usually completely useless.

Is it worth going in to a Virgin Shop? Or are they only for new customers? Or should I phone up? Can I still get the "special deals for long time customers" if I phone up? Or are the "special deals" a load of crap anyway?

I'm not going to upgrade anything unless I can talk (or email) with a real human.

The upgrade offers on the web site (in my account area) are not really enough to make me jump from my current BT land line contract.

Thanks for any info. Virgin does not make this easy...

rgds,

John B
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Long time customer - best way to upgrade package?

It would be best to phone them up on 0345 454 1111 from any phone (or 150 from a VM phone if you know anyone with one) Follow the options for "thinking of leaving us" don't worry though as you'll be connected to a UK based team member you speak to that can adjust your package to what you want, rather than lose a customer they will negotiate with you and offer you something suitable, they're quite flexible so there's no reason they cannot give you a phone line with it, tell them what you want, BB & phone, they should throw in a discounted rate as well for X amount of months, be cheeky and ask them for a discount if they don't mention one, keep in mind that accepting any offer will put you into a new minimum term contract, the forms & details would be emailed to you showing the changes, the price plan etc, also it will include a digital signature for you to scribble with the mouse & sign to agree etc. Give them a call & see what they can do for you, they'll be more than happy to get you set up with a VM phone line to accompany the broadband you have, I certainly wouldn't accept anything they offer when they call you cold with "only available now" offers.

All the best Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

All Replies
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It would be best to phone them up on 0345 454 1111 from any phone (or 150 from a VM phone if you know anyone with one) Follow the options for "thinking of leaving us" don't worry though as you'll be connected to a UK based team member you speak to that can adjust your package to what you want, rather than lose a customer they will negotiate with you and offer you something suitable, they're quite flexible so there's no reason they cannot give you a phone line with it, tell them what you want, BB & phone, they should throw in a discounted rate as well for X amount of months, be cheeky and ask them for a discount if they don't mention one, keep in mind that accepting any offer will put you into a new minimum term contract, the forms & details would be emailed to you showing the changes, the price plan etc, also it will include a digital signature for you to scribble with the mouse & sign to agree etc. Give them a call & see what they can do for you, they'll be more than happy to get you set up with a VM phone line to accompany the broadband you have, I certainly wouldn't accept anything they offer when they call you cold with "only available now" offers.

All the best Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jbraner
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, that sounds like a reasonable plan. I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

rgds,

John B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbraner

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

You've had most excellent support form @paultechy and if you have not yet had a chance to speak to our teams if you could get in touch with them on the numbers above they would be more than happy to help.

Keep us posted on how this goes for you! Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hmm @Karen_A thanks for that too kind.. but i didn't post a reply to this thread
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
jbraner
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was shauneeb who replied - I'll phone next week ;-)
rgds,

John B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think I'll rethink my next visit to the optiicians lol!

@shauneeb you rock!

@paultechy, so do you Smiley Happy

@jbraner, good luck with the call and keep us posted.... I promise next time to make the font bigger when I read the screen <grins>

Take care guys!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos