Menu
Boudica
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Live Chat estimated waiting time

I'm new to VM, so could somebody tell me: is it normal to be told by Online Chat that your wait time is 15 minutes, to then be left hanging for 1hr 20min and then finally get told to try again later and disconnected?  I'm a patient type, but that was like a slap in the face!  This was my first time trying to get something done via Chat. Should I just not bother with that communication method?

Any tips on how to get through?  Also, how the heck do I register some feedback about this? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live Chat estimated waiting time

The only helpful advice I can give you is the online chat is manned by 1st line support. So unless your problem requires a reboot of your HUB or requires you to upgrade your TV package, you are unlikely to get much joy.

As a couple of "rules of thumb"

• Account issues (billing, account closing, package changes)- 150. option 4 then 5, thinking of leaving us, during UK office hours, SHOULD land with UK onshore support. If not, hang up and redial
  • Anything slightly technical same as above or on here is best.
  • "Internets broke not workee" or lost/broken TiVo remote 150 in the first instance is usually fine.

These are community forums, so  you'll get replies from the community in the first instance (usually helpful) and issues get escalated to staff if needed.

hdd
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think time of day/night might be a factor. I've just had 2 separate online chats & was connected immediately. One answered all my queries, the other, commendably, admitted that s/he couldn't answer my query but gave me advice who to contact. So, no real advice for you sorry, just persevere. I've been with VM since they were Telewest & Cable & Wireless. Friends/family are with various other companies & I have to say I have the fewest problems & quickest response times.
Always learning!
aladdinPK
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I usually have trouble getting through most of the time especially at 19:45 !!

I usually manage to get through on the "upgrade package" link on the chat page

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All I can give is my experience. i.e.. Tried several times at different times of day. Nil points. So I gave up. Ring em is their only comment but sadly the outcomes of calls vary too. Customer service is not high on their agenda...but they say it is...mmmm customers should be the judge of that.

0 Kudos