Menu
bfo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Link to e-contract expired

Hi,

My first contact with Virgin was on 19th Dec. It was a phone call, during which I picked my broadband speed, when the contract would start, the price and so on. Because my address was eligible for the QuickStart package, I wanted it to arrive at my property on 9th Jan and I was told it wouldn't be a problem. Shortly after the call, I received an email with a link to read and e-sign my contract. I didn't want to sign it immediately, because at the time I still had my BT line active. Again, the Virgin rep I spoke to assured me that there would be no problems if I don't sign the contract immediately.

The router arrived on 29th Dec, instead of 9th Jan, and that same day I got a text saying that Virgin enabled the signal in my flat. I guess that in itself wasn't a problem, even though I hadn't signed the contract yet.

Troubles started when I tried to do just that on 6th Jan. Clicking on the 'E-sign' link in the email lead to a DocuSign page that said "Your session has expired". I called Customer Service and explained the whole situation, but they told me they couldn't simply re-send the email and would have to send a hard copy, for which I couldn't wait! I guess those guys don't have the process in place to handle situations like this. I was subsequently put through to Tech Support, where I had to authenticate myself and explain the problem once again. They didn't know what to do with it either and so I was asked a bunch of irrelevant questions, from a script apparently. I was fuming when I was put through to Customer Service and after I gave my details once again the lady on the other end of the call finally asked me for another email address that the new link could arrive to. All happy that I finally spoke with someone who could do more that just follow a script, I gave my other email. Just to reiterate, that was 6th Jan. Today it's 10th Jan, the link still hasn't arrived.

After all those phone calls, still waiting for the contract link to arrive, I tried to go through with activating the router. I didn't realise I needed a special socket installed in my flat to be able to receive the signal, given that I already have one from BT. I only learnt that when I first read the QuickStart guide. I called Customer Service, who gave me another number to call to arrange an engineer visit, which I did.

So, the current state of affairs is as follows:

1. I still haven't had the chance to read my contract, much less sign it.
2. I have an unusable Virgin router lying around.
3. An engineer is coming on 20th Jan to fit the socket and activate the router.
4. BT are cancelling their signal on 14th Jan.

I depend on fast and stable connection professionally, yet I will have to use my semi-reliable mobile broadband between 14th and 20th Jan.

So, Virgin team, a couple of points to improve your service from an unhappy (so far) customer:
1. If you send a link that can expire, inform about that fact in the email AND send at least one email reminder before the expiration date!
2. Create a process to handle that situation when it happens.
3. Don't send the QuickStart kit to an address just because it has had your service in the past. Someone might have replaced/taken off your wall socket in the meantime. Ask if the potential customer can find the socket in their property. If not, offer to arrange an engineer visit straight away.

I would like someone from the official Virgin team to read this whole story and acknowledge here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
bfo
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Link to e-contract expired

This is getting downright ridiculous! I've just received a bill due 02 Feb even though I haven't signed the contract and haven't been able to use the service.

Could someone tell me what is going on here?! Communicating with Virgin has been a terrible experience so far.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bfo

I appreciate you joining us on the community and understand that your experience regarding the connection and e-Contract has not been ideal so far.

My apologies that you have had this experience with us Smiley Sad

I appreciate that you have made a few points above with us and I'll do my best to advise on them as much as I can on a public forum.

1. I still haven't had the chance to read my contract, much less sign it. I am sorry that the original link would not allow you to sign this. A replacement if requested can take up to 10 working days for the request to process with us. If you have not received this by the 18th then please let us know and we can look into this again for you.
2. I have an unusable Virgin router lying around. The engineer visit for the manned connection should resolve this for you as you have mentioned on no.3
3. An engineer is coming on 20th Jan to fit the socket and activate the router. Keep us posted on how this goes.
4. BT are cancelling their signal on 14th Jan. I appreciate this issue will have led to a gap in connection for your residential services with us and apologise that there has been this delay.

5.I depend on fast and stable connection professionally, yet I will have to use my semi-reliable mobile broadband between 14th and 20th Jan. We provide a residential service agreement and whilst there is nothing stopping our customers from using this to support a business or profession, the business costs and usage of this is not covered under our service guarantee. If you do want a business service with us then you can speak to Business Customer Services via 0800 052 0800. The costs for a business service agreement for products like broadband are higher than residential costs but the service guarantee for this would more appropriately reflect the impact to your business if there has been a service affecting impact to you.

Additionally you have mentioned the bill having been produced showing active services before this is connected fully. In order to resolve this with our teams it would be great if you could get in touch with them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve this for you.

Additionally as the issue you have had with the e-Contract is an unusual one I have not come across before I'd like to do some further investigation on this for you.

For me to do so I'm sending a pm to you that you can find in the envelope up by your forum name. If you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be great Smiley Happy

Hope to speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
bfo
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came and fixed the wiring, but said there were some "nationwide problems" caused by too many activations at the same time (???). He said the router should be on-line shortly. He wasn't allowed to give me an estimate of when that would be. It's been more than 24 hours from then and the router is still flashing green and I can't go on-line.

As to the bill, I called and was informed what and why is there. I was also told that I'd been given one month's free service as a "goodwill gesture". Thanks for that, but I wouldn't call it "goodwill" unless I was really able to use the service during that time. Either way, what I didn't pay you, I will have to pay in extra fees for mobile broadband.

Because of all those problems at virtually every step of the process, I will be advising my friends to avoid Virgin Broadband. Unless you really need that speed, pay a few quid more and have the service up and running quickly with a different provider. Unfortunately, Virgin are technically the best where I live, so I'm kind of stuck with them. Fingers crossed once these problems are solved, it works without interruptions.

0 Kudos
bfo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right, I hope it's the last update on this thread. Today, 48 hours after the engineer visit, I am finally able to get through to the Internet and everything seems to be working fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bfo

I'm glad to hear since the engineer visit and just after the issues he made you aware of that this is all now running for you as it should be.

Just keep in touch if you need us for anything else and we'll do what we can to support you Smiley Happy

Kind regards.

Karen

Virgin Media Forum Team

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos