Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3 (242 Views)

Line Rental Saver - when will they ever learn?

I've had LRS for some time, the current tranche expires in September. VM sent me a renewal letter on 19 July, inviting me to prepay £184 for another year. "The offer's soon coming to an end...", they said, "...but just call us on 150 ... before 10 August".

So, on 5 August, I did. The automated telephone system has never heard of LRS, but it happily? greedily? accepted my payment. £184. A very specific amount. Nothing at all like my normal bill. So, obviously, the billing system knows what to do?

No chance. My current bill shows the entire amount credited to my normal bill, putting me months into credit.. So I contact the online chat service to try to sort it out.

Apparently, it's all my fault. I should have "activated" the LRS. The problem here is that the word "activate" simply does not exist in the letter I was sent, nor on the VM website, nor in the automated phone system. And, of course, I actually have this years' LRS active, so what's to activate?

Chasing Line Rental Saver on the website pushes you into a loop, without even saying what LRS is.

To her credit, the lady in chat said that she would activate the new LRS; however, VM "cannot" withdraw and/or amend my current bill, to collect my charges via the normal Direct Debit, so to keep everything straight, I have to make a one-off payment of the amount VM would have charged me if they hadn't c**ked up. If I don't, I'll be in arrears!

I see from this forum that this LRS shambles has been going on for years, but nothing has been done. Does anybody know who in VM has the authority (and the cojones) to get the fiasco sorted out?

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (370 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by captainwebb
‎04-09-2016 19:14

Re: Line Rental Saver - when will they ever learn?

Hi captainwebb, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not had much luck getting your line rental saver renewed. 

I've gone in to the account to resolve things Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message with some information on this.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (371 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by captainwebb
‎04-09-2016 19:14

Hi captainwebb, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not had much luck getting your line rental saver renewed. 

I've gone in to the account to resolve things Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message with some information on this.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (41 Views)

Hi ,

I am new to VM. How can I 'activate' LRS? Can it be done through online or should I call CS?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos