Menu
Marcross1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Line Rental Charges

Hello, just looked through my bills and seen that my line rental is £19 a month for something which is effectively rarely used. Now Virgin how about scrap this for modern technology, and pass down this saving to the customer, how about the use of an IP telephone which can go through the SuperHub, thus you can then pass down the saving to customers. Im sure you would get more customers with this also!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Rental Charges

The line rental covers more than just how your phone service is connected to your home, so why assume there is a saving when Virgin Media provide the line via the Hub?

If you don't use the line, you can disconnect the service completely, although any current price for BB + TV is dependent on you having the phone service too.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Marcross1983
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr your missing the point, BB and Tv bundles are just as expensive as the BB, TV and phone bundles, like you said the BB and TV bundles still require a phone line. This is a way of getting rid of phone rental charges which are ridiculous and not at all good value.

Cabled virgin media customers dont actually need a phone line, as phone services could be given though the use of an IP phone. Its modern technology!

Not really answered my post.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I said, even when Virgin Media's phone services are delivered by IP technology, why do you think that you aren't charged line rental?

To make a phone service work there are lots of things that need to paid for no matter how it's delivered, so line rental is still applicable.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It has been well known for some time that VM have been testing a VoIP phone alternative. It is likely this will be offered in their new fibre only areas first, but as for a cost reduction we will have to wait & see. There are still plenty of customers out there using landline phones, & the infrastructure has to be paid for. The less people paying line rental, the more the cost is likely to go up.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Marcross1983
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As the rental charges on a voip system are a lot less than an analogue line, and as voip uses broadband line most of your so called infrustature is in place. So all which it would require is for the hosted system to be put into place, which many other companies can already deliver (albeit business sector)
0 Kudos