Menu
martynco
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Letter saying that Virgin need to Upgrade TV Box

I have two Virgin TV boxes, a V6 and an older one that does not record. I received a letter from Virgin saying that from 31 Jan next year I will not get Sky TV on one of my boxes and that I was being offered a free upgrade to a V6 box. It is not explicit if this means just the fitting is free or if the fitting is free and there is no extra monthly charge for the second V6. The second box is in a bedroom and we do not use it very often but when we do it is mainly due to a football match that I want to watch that clashes with something else so if I can't watch Sky Sport on it any more then it is probably not worth having the extra box (and possibly the Sky package from Virgin) but as that it is mainly all it is used for it does not seem worth adding a lot to my monthly bill. Can anyone from Virgin clarify what is meant by the free upgrade or has someone had this and can tell me?

Thank you,
Martyn

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Letter saying that Virgin need to Upgrade TV Box

From January 31st, Sky Sports HD will only be available on a TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box.

All customers that currently subscribe to Sky Sports HD and have older HD boxes are being offered a swap of any older HD boxes to TiVo or Virgin TV V6, so they can continue to watch Sky Sports HD subscription across all their boxes.

My understanding is that this swap is for no additional cost either as a one off or a change to the monthly subscription cost.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From January 31st, Sky Sports HD will only be available on a TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box.

All customers that currently subscribe to Sky Sports HD and have older HD boxes are being offered a swap of any older HD boxes to TiVo or Virgin TV V6, so they can continue to watch Sky Sports HD subscription across all their boxes.

My understanding is that this swap is for no additional cost either as a one off or a change to the monthly subscription cost.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
martynco
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ben for clearing that up for me. For my specific use case a second box is currently a bit marginal and getting rid of it has been discussed but a second V6 would add extra things that make it more useful.

It is good to get these things sorted out before they are fitted rather than feeling upset and needing to sort things out after the event.

Thank you again,
Martyn
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martyn

Thanks for popping by about the V6 Upgrade for our legacy set top box customers who subscribe to Sky Sports HDSmiley Happy

Its a free activation and there would be no monthly cost for theV6 on top of what you pay now, while you remain on the existing package you have.

Should you decide at a future point to change or update the package then at this point that second V6would be come chargeable at the normal £5 monthly rate.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos