Menu
Djoudi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Left hanging and fed up

I phoned last week to end my contract and get disconnected as I found I could get a much better deal from another provider, especially as my 100 vivid rarely gets above 40, and having to continuously  reset my hub.The lady I spoke to was actually really nice, and tried to offer me a better deal. She told me what she could offer, and said she would hold it for 2 weeks. She gave me a 0800 number to call if I wanted to go ahead, saying it would be quicker, and the new deal could be sorted.

Called this number this evening and was met with a very different attitude. I told the gentleman my details and informed him the deal offered would be on my account. It was there, but was missing a credit which was to be added to my account if I was to stay. I told him I was assured the deal offered would be valid for 2 weeks, but he told me I would have only got the credit if I had accepted the offer at the time. This is not what I was told! He was being very short with me, which really got my back up, and I hate being made to feel stupid when I know what I was told.

I then said I will just go ahead with disconnection then. He then told me to wait a moment so he could see if he could add back the credit, put me on hold, came back saying he couldn't, but someone could call tomorrow who MAY be able to sort it! 

I feel like it's one step forward two steps back. So much for it being easy. I just wanted this sorted so I could move on, but all I'm doing now is looking at other providers again. 

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh.

0 Kudos
Djoudi
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Left hanging and fed up

Well, it's now Saturday, and no phone call. Waited in all day yesterday determined I was not going to miss the call, but it never came.

No call today, so obviously virgin are not interested in retaining their customers. Don't I feel a fool.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Left hanging and fed up

Hi Djoudi, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue accepting a new offer to stay with us Smiley Sad 

Any offers that are given do have a time limit as our offers and promotions do change from day to day. It was unfair for the first agent to promise the deal would be available if you called within 2 weeks. I can only apologise for this and have sent feedback to her manager to ensure she is aware this isn't the case. 

With regards to the callback, it sounds as if the agent has requested the Outbound Team call you. Unless they have already tried to call they wouldn't call. 

Instead, try coming back to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 one final time to see if there is a suitable offer for you. If not then we would be sorry to see you go. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos