Menu
jaisunny
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Leaving virgin how??

I've been a virgin customer since NTL was around, however over the years i've been paying more and more and more. I remember once i was paying £10. Then £17, then £20. Now £39 just for 150mb bb and phone line.

I've recently had endless issues of disconnections for over 1 year!. I hate calling VM tech to solve it as being 7 years in IT i know how to reboot a router and do all this, so hate going through with it all every single time. The disconnections are random and every time a engineer comes (3/4 visits) they say its working fine after changing the connections time and time again.

I've also had 3 super hubs shipped to me without success.

Although over the last few months its improved dramatically, its still a issue which persists every now and again.

Anyway, on to the point..

August 2016 i called to complain about the issues (again) and they said they were sorry and they'll discount my bill a bit. I accepted and i thought that was just a goodwill gesture. Now a deal has arisen for £22 for phone+broadband on uswitch website that someone kindly posted on another forum. On this forum MANY people replied saying they're paying £10 for virgin broadband, £20 and £25 (for my exact 150mb package). So to add fuel to the fire i was of course fuming that im paying a premium price while others are paying a lot less.

So i called virgin retentions and they tell me back in August 2016 i signed a contract(physically i did not!) so i must pay £120 to leave virgin for this reason. I did not sign any contract. They say verbal contract is good enough, despite them sending me letters asking me to sign the contract (which i didnt). If a verbal contract is good enough why are they sending me a contract in the post to sign and post back to them????.

How do i either get the discount others are receiving or LEAVE without a penalty?. I have argued the service has not been as good as it should be, but they reject this and still demand £120 to leave a contract i didn't sign. 

Help and advice?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving virgin how??

the discount your seeing is more than likely for new customers only, since existing customer don't get those deals advetised on the virignmedia sales website or 3rd party sites, if the agent said a new 12 month contract applies would be legally binding since the call is also recorded..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving virgin how??

Hi jaisunny

I appreciate you taking the time to post to us about the offers you are looking for and thank you for joining us on the forums to do so.

I understand that the offers you have seen via uSwitch would look appealing to you and know that existing customers do feel that legacy customers should be rewarded in the same way.

At some point everyone is a new customer and would have had whatever options we offered at the time they joined us to take advantage of at that time. Once that new customer period has passed our customers have the option to review and renew offers with us when they are out of contract with us.

If customers do review or take on board a new offer as you have last August, we send an email contract to you if you have an email contact on file, or a paper copy if you have not updated an email contact with us, to compliment the agreement you have made at the time. The contract is arranged via the phone and you do verbally agree to this and accept a 14 day cooling off period for you to change your mind. If you do not contact us in that window to do so, you would then be in a contract with us.

Whilst we do prefer the contract to be sent back to us, we are aware some customers do not return these to us.

The Early Disconnection Fees would apply if you do decide to cancel your contract with us early.

You are still eligible as a customer with us to look at additional offers and the teams would love the option to discuss this with you further, so if you haven't already, if you could pop back to them on 0345 454 1111 or 150 and chat to the teams, they would be happy to look into your package options.

Keep us posted if you need anything else Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos