Menu
johnfairweather
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Media

Having left VM on the 28th October, I finally received my final bill W/C 1st January (to which I replied about an item) and today (10th January), I received a Default Notice for the final bill - didn't give me much time to pay it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Media

Hi johnfairweather, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with the final bill. Usually it's sent out a few days after you've been disconnected. Did you give your 30 days notice the 28th October or were you disconnected then?

If the earlier, it's possibly the delay was down to the Royal Mail and the Bank Holidays too. 

Either way, a final bill needs to be paid right away if there is a balance owing. 

If you are still querying something, give the guys a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to run through things with you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
johnfairweather
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.
My main gripe is that though BT moved me over on the 28th October and (at least) my phone was moved over a few days later (ie. My VM phone line was disconnected and re-connected to a BT phone line) - I received a bill for the period "5th November to 4th December".
I must admit, I didn't know anything about a 30-day notice, which you mentioned. Nothing on my bill about this, though it might account for the period "5th November to 4th December".
Only on the 3rd January, did I receive the final bill - two months later
I did have a phone conversation (and wrote letters) with VM about my bill, but they weren't able to help.
0 Kudos
johnfairweather
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apparently, a VM person will now contact me.

0 Kudos