Menu
morrisseym45
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Media

I too am at the end of an 18 month contract and wanted to reduce my bill from £87 to around £40 for TV, BB and Phone. I asked for the new customer incentive of £29/month for first 12 months but was told there are no incentives for existing customers. I was offered nothing to entice me to stay. Very frank and unhelpful disconnections team who seemed to want me to cancel.

I opted for a 12 month BB and Phone only at £32/month for 12 months but checking my confirmation email they have put this on an 18 month contract. Please can someone assist?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Media

Contract and billing matters for the most part are not dealt with via the community here. They're matters to call in about or Webchat in about. Besides, you only have 14 days to get that contract issue corrected. Being that it is a contract issue you best call in about it though, ring 0345 454 1111 from any phone / 150 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> From the menu go with Option 4 -> Option 5. Ask them to sort it out. This is staffed between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa, closed Su.

That aside, as an existing customer you can never get a new customer discount, but you can get a loyalty discount.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
morrisseym45
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Having to phone to get matters resolved is another thing I dislike about VM 'customer service'.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Calling in isn't always the best experience you can have with Virgin Media as the support offered can be a bit hit-n-miss.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

Calling in isn't always the best experience you can have with Virgin Media as the support offered can be a bit hit-n-miss.

Unfortunately the other methods, the online chat and here on the forum, can also be hit and miss.

Maybe it is time that VM had a proper customer service.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
morrisseym45
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've found that online chat operators are always busy when you are an existing customer. Surprisingly they are not when you aren't.

0 Kudos