Menu
Melodious
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Media - Customer Retention

Looks like loyalty is of no importance to VM. Been with VM for 20+ years but that doesn't hold anything. Contact us coming to an end in October and i am definitely moving. For the money i pay i should be on better broadband service but stuck on upto 50mb and most of the time i get half of that. Customer retention are a waste of time, explained to the advisor but it seems you hold your discounts for your new customers while hammering existing customers.

It's a shame but for the money i pay i can no longer vouch for the package i am getting.

Extremely frustrating
0 Kudos
themorlaks
Just joined
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Media - Customer Retention

Hi, I feel as frustrated as you are. We have been with Virgin for few years. Every year the price is going up and we have to fight to get a good deal from them. The customer loyalty incentive is poor. I have now decided to leave and nobody even tried to keep me on.... I cannot believe I am now in a position to look for a new broadband provider! 

Melodious wrote:
Looks like loyalty is of no importance to VM. Been with VM for 20+ years but that doesn't hold anything. Contact us coming to an end in October and i am definitely moving. For the money i pay i should be on better broadband service but stuck on upto 50mb and most of the time i get half of that. Customer retention are a waste of time, explained to the advisor but it seems you hold your discounts for your new customers while hammering existing customers.

It's a shame but for the money i pay i can no longer vouch for the package i am getting.

Extremely frustrating

0 Kudos
themorlaks
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Melodious wrote:

Extremely frustrating

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melodious

I appreciate you getting in touch about the contract and the options you have as a customer with us.

I'm sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us too Smiley Sad  I hope you get a chance to chat about this with the teams as there may be other options they can look at to suit you better as a package that would save you having to leave us Smiley Happy

In order to check into this specifically, it's best if you contact the teams.

You can contact them to look at supporting you with this this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 via option 1 then 4 then 5.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi themorlaks

I'd like to offer the same advice to you that I have provided above to @Melodious.

If you too can look at contacting the teams via the options provided to look at tailoring the package you have with us, we will hopefully be able to find an option that works for you too with both package and pricing.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Melodious
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Thanks for getting back to me.

What really gets to me is when my son asked at the VM counter at my local supermarket (Morissons Bolton) how much the same package would be as a new customer he was quoted £10 a month cheaper and 100mb broadband rather than 50mb for 12 months which i currently have. That just proves VM does not want to look after long standing customers what so ever.

I appreciate you telling me to call customer service a call but i feel it's too no avail.
0 Kudos