Menu
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Leaving VM After 20+ Years :(

Hello,

I have been with you guys for 20+ years back when you were Cabletel then NTL and now VM. I just had my bill this morning which came to almost £60. I am on the lowest speed (20MB), I don't have any premium channels (Medium TV), and hardly use my home phone. I simply can't justify spending this kind of money every month when looking around there are other net providers offering the same, if not better, for around half that price. 

I have been a loyal customer for all this time and overall I have had a positive experience but feel it's time to leave. Does anyone else feel the same way?, am I getting value for money still?, what are your experiences with other providers?.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving VM After 20+ Years :(

to leave you need to ring retentions - if you really dont wat to leave then start a different conversation with the same dept - you should have been upgraded to faster speeds for free but some get/got missed and their system seems to work that nothing happens if the customer does not ask

so - retentions - go through your package - see what they offer - be aware any change will start a new contract - if they have nothing that suits you you can end the conversation with 30 days notice

that may not be the end of it as they can come back with a better offer but thats not gauranteed so the 30 days may still be the end

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks tony I know how to leave etc... I guess I'm trying to find reasons not to since I have been with them for so long.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

AntoniJ1975 wrote:
Thanks tony I know how to leave etc... I guess I'm trying to find reasons not to since I have been with them for so long.

reasons not to will only come with a conversation with retentions - you will certainly be offered a speed upgrade for free - 70meg i would think - TV and phone can obviously be kept/added - the reason not to will depend on how they wrap that up in money terms - its worth the conversation - if you dont like the offer then leave or accept and give it a try - you have 14 days once you accept to change your mind

Tony
0 Kudos
proden
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mmmm, I am about to leave Virgin as well after as many years as you and I have to say that looking at some of the special offers for "New Customers", of which I will be one after only 6 months away from Virgin, I really wonder what is the point of staying with any company these days.

My package right now is Essential Family Collection, BB50mb, TVXL, Talk Weekends and costs £72.86 a month

So after calling in, the very best deal I can get as a current customer is £49.00 for 50mb, tv basic and telephone, whereas a New customer can get the Player Bundle for £29.00 under a 12 moth contract.

I am leaving as well I'm afraid and I don't see why we have to go through Retentions, there should be an area where we just leave..

Not happy, but tehre you go..

0 Kudos