Menu
GMarge
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Late payment fees refund

Hi all, 

Wasn't sure where to post this. Basically the short story is that I have broken up with my partner, who I didn't realise payed this bill (I did all the bills in the house, except this one apparently). So when he left he has cancelled his payments. This is fine with me as he doesn't live there, but he didn't tell me he had cancelled them, or that he was even paying in the first place and I have just noticed a large late payment charge. 

Can I get this removed?

Thanks in advance, Marge

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Late payment fees refund

hiya @GMarge welcome to the virginmedia community forum, this fee isn't caused by virignmedia, its your responsibility not a 3rd party to make sure the bill is paid, you could try and haggle with customer services/relations choosing option 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us).. might refund it as a one off but unlikely
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Late payment fees refund

Hi GMarge, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here with us even though the circumstances aren't the best. 

Apologies to hear that you were unaware of your ex partners involvement in paying your bill. 

As mentioned by paultechy, it is down to the Account Holder to ensure the bill is paid on time each month. Our late charges are only ever £10 per month. We don't charge anything over this. Any other charges would be billed as normal. 

You can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can look at this on an individual basis. 

Come back and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos