Menu
Knotty123
Just joined
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Late Payments on Credit Score

I left Virgin Media in December and cancelled my DD with the bank. However I have had a late payment for 12 left on my credit score. I had not received any bill or final account balance and was unaware of the amount outstanding.

I rang and paid the £12 and explained to the member of staff what had happened and she would get the late payment moved of my experian account. As of yet my experian account hasnt been reversed. Does anyone have a contact number or email for the Consumer Underwriting Services dept.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Late Payments on Credit Score

Hi Knotty123

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch about your credit score and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I do apologise this has not yet updated with the credit file to reflect that you have made this payment with us. That normally happens after 14 days from the point your payment is made to us.

You can email the team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

Alternatively you can write into the teams at:

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

Keep us posted on how this goes for you and if you need any further support.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kimdrage79
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good evening, I'm hoping I can get some assistance.
I have emailed the credit amendment team however had not had a response as yet and require assistance promptly.
Could I please have a contact number for this department so I can chase.
I look forward to your response with a direct contact.
Thank you
0 Kudos
Kimdrage79
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, are you able to assist me please, I posted yesterday but have had no response as yet.
I require a contact number to chase the credit amendment team promptly as I have not had a response to my emails. This is urgent.
Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kimdrage79,

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies to hear you've not yet heard back from the team. 

You can contact the team on 0800 052 0290. 

They are open Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm and Closed on Sundays. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
danfenn1
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am an old customer of Virgin Media, and left within the last 18 months or so. I noticed this week on my credit file that Virgin Media have put a default on my account. I have had no written confirmation this was going to happen, there was an amount outstanding of £119 which when I phoned an agreement was in place that I would pay the following month. At no point was there any mention of a default.

I can understand if there was no communication between us, or I had refused to pay but this was never the case and now my credit score has been adversely affected without any consultation with me. 

can this be checked please as I cannot seem to be able to speak to anyone that can shed some light on this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi danfenn1

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and a warm welcome to the forums too Smiley Happy

If you have not already done so you can contact the Credit Services team via email at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with regards to your credit file query with us.

If there are any defaults listed there which you know have been cleared then please get in touch with the teams and let them know so they can contact Experian and Equifax to update this for you.

It takes up to 14 days for any credit file amendments to update.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Liamwebb
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have signed up for exoerian and i have noticed a ccj from virgin media and it says ir was set up while i was incarcerated so i would like to know how to go about investigating this matter as its affecting my credit score
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liamwebb,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

You can contact the credit amendments team using the following details:

By phone on: 0800 052 0290. They are open Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 and Saturday 09:00 - 13:00. They are closed on Sundays.

By post at: 

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

The only time they will make a change to the file though is if we've either defaulted the account by mistake or full payment is made. 

I hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sylv1618
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same here