Menu
Cianq
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Last bill higher than expected.

Ive been paying for my mums internet for the last few years and as they have not been using it and the contract is up I called to have the service ended last month. The last date if service is meant to be terminated this month and have the boxes and everything to send the hardware back.

My problem is I was informed over the phone that as I overpaid the first bill that my final bill would be ready on the 2nd and would be around £8, its now ready and its £45 :s just to clarify is this normal, will I be separately credited for the overpayments?

I have tried calling up but they keep asking for my new address to send the boxes too, (despite them already being sent to me), and saying they need a new address despite the fact my mailing address hasn't changed.

0 Kudos
Cianq
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last bill higher than expected.

Anyone got any ideas, i've still had no help at all from the phone line, finally managed to get through only for them to now be oblivious to the ending the contract yet they seemed unable to do anything about it and again said they need new address information before they can do anything, when there hasn't been any change to my address :'( :/
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last bill higher than expected.

Hi Cianq

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the billing issues.

If you're disconnecting or have disconnected your mums account then the disconnection is booked with 30 days notice.

The bills are produced within this time as normal and bill to the standard month in advance as the bills that are generated to not factor in the disconnection date in advance.

Once the disconnection has processed the account refunds any overcharges to the statement.

If this is disconnected before a pending payment is taken, if you pay by Direct Debit, then you will have no DD taken for the bill that was generated at the normal month in advance rate. Instead the account generates a new bill within 1-2 days after the disconnection date and this correctly reflects the charges for the service period from the bill to the disconnection date.

That would then represent with a new DD date that is reflected on the final bill that is sent to you.

The pending payment can be amended if there is approximately 5 working days notice before a DD is due to process. If you are making a manual payment then you can just pay the difference once the final bill has been processed.

With respect to the address we need to ensure that the forwarding address for your mums account is set as yours for the final bill to be sent to if this has not yet been sorted for you. You may have been paying via eBilling and that's fine, but final bills are always sent in paper format so this could be why they are asking for your address?

You can discuss this with the teams in a secure way either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with this support option.

Please let us know how you get on with this and if there is anything else we can help with Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos