Menu
Kaz3
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keeping virgin internet but using another TV provider

I am trying to lower my cost because of the price rise and have worked out that if I stay with Virgin for the internet (because I have no issue with my internet) and go with Sky for the TV then I will be better off. I could have the equivalent of the XL package with a little extra for the same cost of my Virgin L tv package and phone line. I do not use my phone line therefor I have no problem removing it. Plus I will have the added bonus of half price add on offers for 6 months. Has anyone done this? I would really like to find someone who uses two different services and get their opinion. Just to be clear I have no issues with my Virgin TV besides the fact that I can get cheaper.

Or would I be better of leaving all together? I really don't want to pay for services I do not use.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping virgin internet but using another TV provider

Hi Kaz3,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us. 

This is a question for the Community and I'm sure some helpful members will be along shortly to help you out. 

As far as we go, have you spoken to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 about your plans? They may be able to put together a package that matches and therefore will save you switching one of your services Smiley Happy

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kaz3
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will be contacting them asap. I think i am just going to temporarily cancel my TV package until i am able to afford the package i need and permanently remove my phone line as i dont use it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problem with cancelling your phone line is the price won't be much less as you'll receive a bundle discount for taking both broadband & phone, if you're expecting to save the cost of the line rental then you'll be disappointed. 

If you're out of contract then call retentions on 150/03454541111 option 4, then 5 &I see if they can give you any discounts.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaz3

Thanks for getting back to us about the options you're looking for.

I can see you've not yet spoken to the teams about this. In order to best support you, if you can get in touch with our retentions teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 they can support you with this.

There may be a better deal they can look at that means you don't have to get rid of the services too Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and let us know how this goes for you.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kaz3
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just contacted virgin to remove my TV and phone from my package. Keeping my Broadband and have been told it is cheaper to have phone and Broadband for £37 a month (apparently that doesn't change after 12 months) I have just checked and it goes up to £45 after 12 month. Why was I lied too and why wasn't I offered the Broadband only deal for £23 going up to £37 after 12 months. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaz3, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're looking at downgrading your services with us. Deals on the website are currently only available for New Customers. You'll be able to look at changing to a package without an introductory offer though. 

Speak to the team once more and they can help. 

Keep us posted on how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos