Menu
neilg99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting "your speed has increased" emails

Over the last week I've had 2 "we've increased your speed" emails from VM.

One on 10th November - you're flying at your new speed.. We’ve just increased your speed – from a nippy up to 100Mb to up to 150Mb.

And one today - see what your new faster broadband can do for you.. But your broadband just got even faster we’ve now increased your speed from a nippy up to 100Mb to up to 150Mb.

The thing is my speed has been at 150Mb since last year when VM did the last round of kicking everyone up a service.

What gives, why the emails? I'll happily take a free upgrade to 200Mb if that's what VM are saying!!

0 Kudos
neilg99
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting "your speed has increased" emails

Anybody? I see I'm not the only one.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi neilg99

Thanks for letting us know about the speed boost emails.

I am sorry to hear they are being sent to you when the speeds have already been boosted for you. I understand this is confusing.

The speed boosts we were offering existing customers who have not changed their package since November 24th 2015, was from 100mb to 150mb so if this has taken place then no further boosts will take place in this process.

I'm happy to take your feedback on board and pass this onto the teams for you.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

neilg99
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So why have I been getting the emails almost one year on? Also my online account page shows a banner saying "we've increased your speed" (or something to that effect).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil

It's an issue we are aware of that has impacted some customers. I appreciate it is confusing and is causing you concern and my apologies once more for this. We have fed this back to our teams for you as promised.

Please let me know if you continuously receive any correspondence regarding this from this point onwards and I'll be happy to escalate this again for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"