Menu
evemarine
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just cancelled my full package. Retention team totally disinterested.

After being fed up with a number of customer service related issues and price increases, I've cancelled my full package. I had wanted to just cancel the tv ONLY as I had found a much cheaper way to get the channels I want, but had to sign a 12 month contract to keep my broadband. I don't want lock myself in - so have cancelled everything.

I had expected to have to fend off at least a few special offers...but nothing. 

I would have been tempted perhaps by one of the top end "new customer only" offers to sign up for another year or so.

I asked online chat also if I could cancel and come back as a new customer...I was instantly threatened with the prospect of cancellation fees and 30 days without internet to do this! ...Which I find a rather bullying tactic.  I am out of contract now so would not owe any fees. I also asked if another member of the household could start a new contract...I was told yes but only after MY current service was disconnected for 30 days. Is this the same when people move house?? Very inconvenient...

I would like to keep my virgin broadband because it is slightly better for us than Sky's ( re buffering etc) but with all the other tv watching options now...I really am not fussed about the tv package unless I get a fair deal.

I would really love someone from the fab Virgin Team on here to clarify some of this for me as I seem to get different answers everytime I call or chat online.

Also, I assume my virgin mobile contract bill will be affected after I cancel...but if I come back after the "penalty" month ...where do I stand then?

Just give a fair deal to ALL customers...not just new ones...or ones who happen to be lucky enough to  phone and speak to someone who is motivated to give a good deal, to an existing customer, on that particular day.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just cancelled my full package. Retention team totally disinterested.

Going to be brief as at work.

Assuming the 30 days they are mention is the 30 days notice you need to give to cancel services.

You won't get offered new customer deals as you are not a new customer. You need to of left the company for a minimum amount of time before being eligible for them again (not sure how long it is exactly but think a year in another company is long enough)

When people move house they will be signed up to a new contract as the contract terms do state you need to stay at the address for the term. If you move to somewhere not serviced by VM you have to pay the early disconnection fees. Other people in the house should be able to sign up, should see if they can sign up and be offered a new customer deal, and get the start date to be at the end of your 30 day notice if possible - worth looking into?

If your mobile contract is completely separate it shouldn't be effected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Going to be brief as at work.

Assuming the 30 days they are mention is the 30 days notice you need to give to cancel services.

You won't get offered new customer deals as you are not a new customer. You need to of left the company for a minimum amount of time before being eligible for them again (not sure how long it is exactly but think a year in another company is long enough)

When people move house they will be signed up to a new contract as the contract terms do state you need to stay at the address for the term. If you move to somewhere not serviced by VM you have to pay the early disconnection fees. Other people in the house should be able to sign up, should see if they can sign up and be offered a new customer deal, and get the start date to be at the end of your 30 day notice if possible - worth looking into?

If your mobile contract is completely separate it shouldn't be effected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

evemarine
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.

I have kept the details of my chat saying may have to wait 30 days to become a new customer then it's ok, so I hope that's correct. 

Strange Virgin not showing any interest in retaining customers. Or even helping existing ones. I guess they already have plenty of our money so don't need to worry? 😁😅🏦🏦🏦

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I just wanted to confirm that according to Virgin Media a customer has to have left at least 6 months ago before being classified as a new customer.  If there is anyone else in the household who can sign up in their name then they would be entitled to new customer deals straight away.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.