Menu
tinkermojoman
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

January 2017, Another price rise ???

Now don`t have a go, but i was talking to someone who works for VM. We got around to the November price rise.  They said to me that that`s not the only one in the pipeline. There maybe another around January 2017.  Is there any truth in this rumour or is it a wind up ?  I`m just interested in finding out if the rumour has any foundation. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: January 2017, Another price rise ???

You'll not get a straight answer from VM. Best guess is that as the November one is price rise number two this year , we are likely to see one in early 2017. So a January announcement for a rise coming in say March is totally possible. Personally I think that would be too much for A LOT of people and they may leave it to slightly later with a lower lead time. But this is ALL guesswork.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VM are well known for pushing price rises for customers with standalone products at a different time to customers with bundles. There is then another rise if  Sky put their wholesale prices up for Sky Premium channels.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

tinkermojoman
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the the replies. I suppose it`ll be watch this space.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi tinkermojoman

Thanks for your question about price rises.

We know price rises are never welcome, but they allow us to invest in all our services to continue to make them even better. We've got exclusive Box Sets, (like the amazing Kingdom) for our TV XL customers, speed boosts galore and not forgetting that we are the home of #AllTheFootball.

We will be increasing prices for customers in November, however all customers should have received their letter advising them of this by now.

There's currently no plans to increase prices again in the near future, but if a price change is planned, we'll always give you plenty of notice before it takes affect.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You have to feel sorry for the VM people who have to come on here and spout that kind of stuff in the post above, don't you?

Does anyone believe it? 

Do they believe it?

Big Fat No, I would think.

Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In fairness to them and anyone in a position in any such company in any role, they have to follow guidelines laid out in order to do that position weather they agree with it or not on a personal level.  God knows in my job I've often had conflicting personal feelings and opinions on what's expected but have to follow those guidelines all the same.  I often think you have to be brave to take these roles on sometimes as clearly there will be personal conflicts on what you have to pass on to customers as information knowing what sort of responses they may get back.

But saying that, the reasons given, well as just about a basic user of lowest speed broadband and an unwanted and unused phone line, why should my prices go up to pay for content I don't want or use?.  Don't have or want any TV service or package, but seems I and other such customers are expected to help cover the costs for those that do.  Same with highest speeds broadband too I guess.

JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mark_Y wrote:

We know price rises are never welcome, but they allow us to invest in all our services to continue to make them even better.....

I guess you don't have a Tivo box then?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dave606 wrote:

But saying that, the reasons given, well as just about a basic user of lowest speed broadband and an unwanted and unused phone line, why should my prices go up to pay for content I don't want or use?.  Don't have or want any TV service or package, but seems I and other such customers are expected to help cover the costs for those that do.  Same with highest speeds broadband too I guess.

You see your making the mistake of taking marketing BS as having some sort of foundation in reality  and can have logic applied to it. Logically YOUR price shouldn't go up.

Well+played+sir+Well+played+indeed+_81520922a94f22b9d1623cc8675498f1.png

What will the company book of excuses provide for THAT one wonders???

(edited, add- not aimed at staff who do their best. But the waffle they are given to trot out needs a rethink)

tinkermojoman
Dialled in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Mark for your reply.  i suppose you do have to toe the company line. So no rises in the near future, bit like saying how long is a piece of string.  You didn`t come out and say they were just rumours, nothing more and they had no substance.  I asked my mate who works for VM and he says yes there are another load of prices rises coming soon, not the November ones we`re going to have.  Most VM staff know about it too.

I`m not having a go at the VM staff, they have to take the flak from disgruntled customers everytime there is a price rise.  All i`m going to do is wait and see. As one bloke said Vm have got to find the money to buy F1.  Thanks once again to everyone who replied. I`m still in the dark. lol. 

0 Kudos