Menu
Crafty72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues since installation

Hello,

I've now spoken several times by way of telephone as well as online chat. I've also been assured I'd receive a phone call from a manager once they arrived in the office, still not received this infamous phone call.

To say I'm an unhappy customer is an absolute understatement! Since having your services installed December last year, we've experienced nothing but problems, some more severe than others.

Broadband since installation: constantly drops off, losing connection and running at ridiculously slow speeds. We've had to use our own 4g/3g data off our mobile phones to access the internet, which we pay more for on our mobile contracts. (this was reported several times with an initial ETA for a fix being March, then they increased that ETA to April)

Tivo Box: Click on a menu, 15-30 seconds before it even responds! then click on something else, another 15-30 seconds to respond! it's absolutely painful to use, seems like a product developed in the 80's. (This has been confirmed as a faulty box from your own tech support)

Television: At times completely unwatchable, the picture becomes heavily pixelated which makes viewing impossible but then the sound cuts out as well. We can't use Netflix as an alternative because of the broadband!

What does Virgin offer me? £15 off for the broadband.

We've refused to pay anything as the services have been atrocious, today I've had a friendly call from your billing department informing me they will terminate if no payment is made. My question, can I terminate my contract with you NOT providing the services you promise?

After speaking with SEVERAL people today, they offer me a one off £10 compensation (what a complete insult! - especially considering I've viewed several posts on here that they've stated a higher discount) - would you accept me saying I'll pay you £10 for your diabolical service? I'm sure you wouldn't.

We have had such a bad experience from day one with no proper help from yourselves, which has only resulted in a £10 discount offer and a termination if no payment is made. 

BTW, I'm still waiting for management to ring me as promised.

Question for your BT staff - if you went to a proper posh restaurant and ordered a £75 steak dinner but it only showed up with one piece of broccoli on the plate, would you STILL pay the £75 for that dinner? if they then turned around and said, 'sir, we will discount your plate by £10' - would you accept!? I think not. I'd want my steak. So far, Virgin has only provided me with the broccoli. 

I'm VERY keen to know how you will resolve this.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues since installation

Crafty72 wrote:

Question for your BT staff - if you went to a proper posh restaurant and ordered a £75 steak dinner but it only showed up with one piece of broccoli on the plate, would you STILL pay the £75 for that dinner?

IMHO the BT staff canteen is rubbish!

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Crafty72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As with your online chat and your telephone services, you're proving once again to not be capable of providing a good level of customer service.

Can someone, with some level of authority please message me or respond to my issue. Not much to ask, is it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crafty72

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the broadband issues and TV issues you have had and my apologies that this has been your experience with us Smiley Sad

I appreciate you joining us on the forums too and it's great to have you with us.

Could you let us know if this issue has been addressed since you posted? If not if you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then investigate the call backs for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to let you know what we can do to support you.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos