Menu
piston_broke
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is this suspiciuos?

OK with my ongoing fiasco with VM I decided to phone them up again and ask some more questions
Here is the end result of what i found out:
1)The 'updated package' has put me on an 18 month contract,not the 12 months i agreed to on the phone.
2)The monthly payments are higher than the amount i agreed to on the phone.

After complaining to VM they say they will review the recordings to see what was actually said,and get back in touch with me by email.
HOWEVER,here is the bit i find suspicious:
When i received my letter with VM's latest price rises,it stated i have until October 31st to cancel without penalty.
VM say they cannot email me about reviewing the recordings until 1st November!!! (some story about it being nearly the weekend!!)
I see no reason why it should take longer than a day to do it.
I have been on the same contract for about 2 years so my understanding is that i can cancel at any time anyway by giving 30 daysnotice (is that correct?)so i think this  31st October deadline would not be applicable to me (is that also correct?)
It just seems suspicious that the email (if I even get one) falls exactly the day after the cancellation deadline.I can't help but think that considering

the underhand practices they have indulged in.What do you people think? Any help or comments would be appreciated.Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this suspiciuos?

Hi piston_broke

Thanks for getting in touch with us with your update about the new contract.

In answer to the above for you:

• If the package is an 18 month one not the 12 month you agreed to that can be changed.
  • I can see you have been advised to dispute the costs of the package via your other post Help please with understanding contract.
  • The letter is the relevant date to cancel services without Early Disconnection Fees being applied if these are relevant to you. However, if you have disputed the price before this date and we are investigating the calls for you then you may be able to extend this by speaking to relations. Providing they can see you originally raised this with us before the end date on your letter you will have given notice on the relevant time frame.
  • If you have signed up for a contract then your old one no longer stands.

Please keep in touch with us to let us know how this goes.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
piston_broke
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello karen
Thanks for responding.I really need some help with this.I phoned VM on 27th October to ask about the discrepancies on the contract.The first lady i spoke to said:

'don't worry discounts will be applied later.If it doesn't work out at £30/month you can contact us after the first few months and we will fix it.'

but of course she wouldn't provide me with any written evidence of that.I translated all that to mean:

'come back later when you're locked into a contract you didn't ask for,so you can't do anything about it'

She then passed me on to the retentions team who basically said they would review the recordings and get in touch with me.They said they couldn't get back in touch until 1st November.As i said before,i thought it was very suspicious that this date landed one day after the date on the VM letter i received.I was given numerous promises that VM would contact me on 1st November.

Well,it's now November 2nd and NO CONTACT FROM VM WHATSOEVER!!! My trust with VM is now rock bottom.I have printed the fabricated contract and written CANCEL across it and sent it by recorded delivery to the supplied address ( i even took photos in the Post Office as extra proof!!) .I suspect VM were stalling to try and get me past the cooling off period,so they could try to enforce this fabricated contract.

So far VM have lied to me,been evasive,tried to fob me off with vague and ridiculous excuses, and not responded when they promised to.What can i do next to try to get my case resolved?

PLEASE DON'T SAY GIVE THEM A RING ON 150 !!!

Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi piston_broke.

Thanks for getting back to me about this.

I am sorry that this has been a frustrating experience for you and we will do what we can to support you.

I'm going to see if this can be escalated for you given that you have already called in a number of time to resolve.

It will be tomorrow before I can check in with a colleague regarding this, so I hope that's okay.

I'll pop a pm to you this evening for you to confirm the details I need from you and once we have that we can get someone to take a look at this for you.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos