Menu
bdette1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is the online chat EVER available????

I have tried to use the online chat numerous times but it is never available. I have been with Virgin Media for two years now, never missed a payment and my credit limit has never been raised, apparently after six months of paying they should review this! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is the online chat EVER available????

bdette1 wrote:

I have tried to use the online chat numerous times but it is never available. I have been with Virgin Media for two years now, never missed a payment and my credit limit has never been raised, apparently after six months of paying they should review this! 

It is available, you just have to be aggressive in terms of reloading then rechecking, do a reload then recheck in intervals of every 1 to 3 minutes. I was just opening it up, choose a random option route and could have easily gone into a chat if I had needed to:

yeah.jpg

Webchat aside. If you want your credit limit raised you need to speak to the Collections Team. They'll put a form through for review of your credit limit which a back end team will consider. To get to them ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone and to be put through to the collections team. I doubt the Webchat staff will be able to help as they can't pass you through to another team.

Speaking from my personal experience I tried this route. I've been with VM since 2013 and never missed a bill and I asked them to raise my credit limit (via the collections team.) And the request was denied because there's no way my £16 a month bill for broadband only could go over the £130  in a month on that £130 credit limit I have.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are talking about your VM credit limit on your bill, you likely dont want it raised.

Its not really a credit limit, its how much they let you rack up in PPV or pay to play games through TiVo/ phonecalls before they flag your account. Ive never met anyone on a package appropriate to them that needs their VM "credit limit"  raised. Mine hasnt changed in at least 10 years.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

bdette1 wrote:

It is available, you just have to be aggressive in terms of reloading then rechecking, do a reload then recheck in intervals of every 1 to 3 minutes. I was just opening it up, choose a random option route and could have easily gone into a chat if I had needed to:

yeah.jpg

Webchat aside. If you want your credit limit raised you need to speak to the Collections Team. They'll put a form through for review of your credit limit which a back end team will consider. To get to them ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone and to be put through to the collections team. I doubt the Webchat staff will be able to help as they can't pass you through to another team.

Speaking from my personal experience I tried this route. I've been with VM since 2013 and never missed a bill and I asked them to raise my credit limit (via the collections team.) And the request was denied because there's no way my £16 a month bill for broadband only could go over the £130  in a month on that £130 credit limit I have.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
brassmarsh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't there just be a queue system?
0 Kudos