Menu
kinslayer
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is it policy to ignore complaints?

Wow so I had your services installed in November at which point you engineer damaged my radiator pipe. Not to worry I was advised, our area manager will contact you to inspect and repair the damage..... I hear nothing. I call chase up in December.... nothing.... I call in January. Send in a picture I am told and we will log a complaint. I send in a picture. January ends, I hear nothing. I call in February, yes we have your picture but no complaint has been logged. We will log it now and the area manager will contact you in 48 hours.... nothing. I call back. We can see its being dealt with (lol) and you will get a call back. 1 week later I call again, I dont know why no one has called you but you cant speak to a manager now because the call centre has no managers after 5pm (really? thats illegal!). We also have no complaints department (really for a large company?) We will call you back next week..... Yet again nothing. I read you complaints procedure, so far you have failed to follow any of it! The company is a disgrace, the management is a disgrace. Your customer service is disgusting. if I had withheld payment in dispute you would have charged me a fee, cut off my services, sent me to a debt collector. Please tell me how to proceed with this matter? It is obvious you ignore your official complaints procedure so how do I proceed?

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it policy to ignore complaints?

I am sure you have posted this elsewhere. I can understand your frustration but duplicate posts do not help.
0 Kudos
Buzby16
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I got my mother in law to go to vm,on installation day we were told appointment time 1 -6 pm end turned up 05.40 during install drilled through wall ok but also had drilled through rainwater pipe! DIDN'T TELL US! But as he was Polish his English was nt that good! As to the install of master skt  he said it had to go on outside wall, which meant the lifeline pendant service wouldn't work as all the rest of the skt s were isolated from the master skt,and yet on the vm web page it says make sure you know where to instruct the end to fit it!. We phoned up to complain and asked to speak  to a manager who didn't want to speak to us and accused us of lying about the install and said we had signed a completion form (we hadn't)we had to threaten to cancell the job and he finally begrudingy said we could have a free extension skt fitted so we could connect up all the other skt.We also said when you come round to inspect the pipe damage please contact us and we will be there that was ignored and a engineer? turned up unanouched knocking on a 86 year old door scaring her he took a photo of the pipe directly in line where the cable entered the house! she was so het up at the install we hadn't told her about the damage!so not only do they ignore your contact requests!they call you a liar!

The engineerstill hadanother job to go to that was about 7.00 pm so that's why he wouldn't install where we wanted but finally a engineer fitted a extn skt and confirmed to me that master skts go where the customer wants not because its easier for the eng!  a builder came and renewed the rainwater pipe this was September and if we hadn't noticed we could have had rainwater pouring out against the wall all winter.mind you wrapping black insulation tape around a white rain pipe was the pathetic attempt to evade responsibility for his mistake?Mother in law is still not very impressed with virgin media or me for getting her to join!and no apology letter or anthing from vm shows you the contempt they hold us to.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kinslayer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry to hear of the bad experience you've had and the trouble raising a complaint. 

Checking the account, I can see since posting, a manager has been in touch and worked through your complaint. Credit has been applied for the damage caused and the complaint has since been closed. 

Are you having any further issues since posting? Is there anything else we can help chase for you?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kinslayer
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I can confirm that this issue has now been resolved and hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here.

Thanks

Kinslayer

0 Kudos