Menu
grocerjack
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is it easy to leave?

Love the broadband, we even have a mobile on the account, but rarely use the landline phone. My latest bill for being an XL customer was £138 with no film rentals and barely a call made (the mobile is paid separately), I have 2 Tivo's and a standard box which costs me a fiver but this seems untenable to me.I've tried webchat but that is not used for account discussions (unlike say Vodafone or EE). Ringing customer services is usually a nightmare but I seriously think a cutback in services and using Netflix might be a better option for movies (and they are in 4K!).

Does anyone know if there's a retention number to call to see if I can get a better or more approprate deal?

Cheers 

Cheers, GrocerJack
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is it easy to leave?

The Retentions team is UK based (Wales) and are available during normal office hours.  Phone 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.    Hope you can get a better deal.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Retentions team is UK based (Wales) and are available during normal office hours.  Phone 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.    Hope you can get a better deal.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
grocerjack
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, I get more sense from here than VM directly. Much appreciated.

Cheers, GrocerJack
0 Kudos
Sidecarjohn
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Been with Virgin since it was the original local cable company some years back. Sadly, increasing prices with spurious suggestions of "improvement", i.e. trash television offerings etc. have become unaffordable. Sorry, but there are only 24 hours in a day to watch repeats, boxsets, and endless sport, even when retired from employed work.

So drop the TV (Freeview does the job, thanks), and the phone (two mobiles economic no contract deals,and no line charge). Broadband only, but probably for only a limited time as we adapt. Despite believing our con trick changes were done at a time that would not incur penalties, we find we have been charged for termination of TV and phone. Rip off merchants.

0 Kudos
Sidecarjohn
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oops ! Forget the bit about the retention team phoning just before the tv and phone elements ceased offering all sorts of persuasive stuff. So, why lose over two decades of loyalty by greed ? "Bird in the hand" springs to mind.

0 Kudos
rosejohns
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The same thing has just happened to me, I've been with them for years, need to move for work and they can't offer services at the place I'm moving to.  They are going to charge me 6 months worth of fees because my contract (taken out over 2 year ago) changed 6 months ago, they didn't send me any documentation.  The operator in the call centre was pretty rude when I said I wasn't very happy too.  Having been with virgin for many years I now wouldn't recomend them and certainly won't be using them again 

0 Kudos
grocerjack
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All, thank you for the responses. I have spoken to them today and was treated very well. I can only say that the result was pretty amazing and I will be staying for the next 12 months. 

Cheers, GrocerJack
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear that a suitable resolution was achieved for you grocerjack,

Please feel free to get back to us if we can be of further assistance.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos