Menu
mhumphries42
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Invalid Sort Code - Unable to buy VM Package

I signed up for a new deal with VM, but today I got an email saying my bank details didn't work. I called the 0800 number and was put through to their Customer Care centre or something like that. It was explained that the sort code was invalid. I gave it to them again and once more, the sort code was invalid. 

I explained that I use the account daily and VM was the only case where it has come back as invalid. She tried again and still the number was invalid and I need to contact my bank.

So I contact my bank. Barclay's say there is nothing wrong with my sort code. Since I have had no issues elsewhere, I am inclined to believe my bank on this. However this doesn't solve the issue with VM. Clearly calling them again will achieve nothing as they just decline my sort code. I guess they have a script to follow.

How can I persuade VM that my sort code is actually perfectly valid?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid Sort Code - Unable to buy VM Package

Go down to your bank and conference call VM from there.  You should be able to make a payment with a debit card (most current accounts use them), then once it is set up change it if you need to.  The transaction should then go through along with your sort code on your account.  If their customer service is any good, the bank should be able to sort it out.  Get them to print it out for your records.

Thinking about it, whilst you're there, you could ask them if they have any VM customers.  As you say, your local bank has no VM customers?  That would very strange if it were the case. If they say yes, they do have VM customers, proceed with the above.

Failing that, if you have a local VM store you can visit, try them instead: http://store.virginmedia.com/store-locator.html

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
mhumphries42
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid Sort Code - Unable to buy VM Package

My options for going into my bank are limited. The high-street is only open while I am at work, and I have busy weekends. It's why I bank online. There is no VM store near me. I've already had to battle to get time off just to be in for the crazy installation times.

If all I have to do it make a payment to VM with my debit card, why do I have to go into the bank? Why didn't the Cust. Services representative tell me this?

I will just stick with my current supplier. EE might be dreadful, but they have a working billing system.

0 Kudos