Menu
Mrsklmj
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet down...compensation?

My broadband has gone down ruining an evening on my Xbox. I signed up for emails to tell me the progress and have now been sent one saying it won't get fixed til 4pm tomorrow ??? This has totally ruined my Saturday now too? How do I go about getting compensation?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet down...compensation?

Phone VM on 150 (free) 0345 454 1111 (potentially chargeable). You'll get back a small proportion of the charge for each complete 24 hours of outage, as a bill credit. That is the limit of VM's liability to you for a residential account.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mrsklmj wrote:
My broadband has gone down ruining an evening on my Xbox. I signed up for emails to tell me the progress and have now been sent one saying it won't get fixed til 4pm tomorrow ??? This has totally ruined my Saturday now too? How do I go about getting compensation?

So how much compensation do you think you are owed for your time without broadband ??

#realworldproblems

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

pyrotenax wrote:

So how much compensation do you think you are owed for your time without broadband ??

you might get 50p per 24 hour outage, if you can be bothered to claim it

0 Kudos
PBou
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media policy is (we dont do compensation) so call it something else like "Service Credit"
So your in for a fight, firstly you have to get to someone to talk the issues through and make a request for "Service Credit"

Your calls will probably be ignored at first with promises that are no followed up. 
You wont be fully compensated , sorry Service Credited, you may be offered a small sum. 
Which wont Compensate you sorry Credit you even for the effort of complaining.

Thats my experience.

0 Kudos