Menu
Highlighted
Philipbrown66
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation

So 10th September 2017 I decided to sign up for Virgin media Broadband and TV , got all the normal emails confirming a date for installation 26th September great , 19th Simon ( installation team) comes round( marks out the site) seems there has been a problem system didn't work but hes done all the forms manually new date 29th September and builders on 28th . 28th builders arrive at house to install at 3.40pm , 5 minutes later they knock on door sorry we need to block off the pavement in order to install an this needs to go to the council . Ok I say ring the Virgin line and tell them the problem and log it , 29th engineer arrives to install the line , I explain to him what has happened he is unaware and says he'll ring and come back . Doesnt ring or call , I ring help line talk to Rachma at 11.06 finally get through at 11.14 , no apology , its on hold it will be 6 - 8 weeks to sort . I tell him this seems unreasonable  and want to talk to someone, he gives me the number ( its for Nottingham city council) . I then rering and spend 40 minutes getting through to the installation team who finally apologies, Chris the manager says sorry will do everything he can to help and offers £40 credit and say they will be in touch( never happened ) . 8th November I ring , nobody has been in contact speak to Ian in customer services , someone will ring me from installation in 48 hours , 13th November 12.07 still heard from nobody I re ring talk to Mangit gives me the installation team number someone will ring me in 24 hours.3.40 pm 14th  nobody has rang me I ring again and its Mangit says sorry someone was to come back he checks the account and it says we have to apply to the council for the work to be done ( Funny I was told this over 6 weeks ago ) but don't worry someone will ring you , or if not you ring .

Now i'm a reasonable guy but call this service , nobody takes accountability everyone passes it on and just says its someone else , say I want to talk to a manager as i'm now 2 month + since I asked for a service, sorry but if you want to complain you can write to us , I say by email no you need to send a letter . So a tech company who only accepts complaint by Post!!!  .

So i'm hoping someone reads this who might make a difference , take some form of accountability and deal with this so at least I get broadband  before xmas 2018, if not I guess ill just keep ringing until I get fed up and go to BT , PlusNet etcetce  .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Hi Philipbrown66,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. On top of this there may be issues with Wayleave.

The latest update we have is that we need to dig a little over 3 meters. In order to do this we need Traffic Management to divert pedestrians and traffic in order to dig the cables on the road. The costing has been estimated and we're waiting for this to be approved against our budget. Once this is accepted, the permits will be applied for and we can get the work done. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact date on when you'll be installed. We can only offer an estimate time which is 6 - 8 weeks. As work progresses we'll be in a better position to give you an update on this. Feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos