Menu
Junaid
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation ordeal start

I have requested broadband online on 8th of March. Installation date they gave me was 5th of April. Which I change to 1st of April. Just a day before installation I received email 

"While our engineers were getting ready to install your services, they visited your area to check the cable and unfortunately they found a problem which requires some extra work. As soon as we know how long this extra work will take we'll be in touch, this should be in the next 5 working days."

At time of purchasing package person told me that I will get 91 MBPS connection to my property. When i call installation team they said there is no cable to property. How on earth sales team gave me 91 MBPS for my door?

I read about similar issue on the forum and find out that people await 6 months. 

Any one recently have similar issue please advise if i switch provider?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation ordeal start

Hi Junaid, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that we need to perform extra work in the area before we can connect you. It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Junaid, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message so quickly. 

I have gone in to the account and checked your address against our database to get an update for you. It looks as though the address has gone down as a non serve address. 

What this means is, the cost it'll take to get you up and running is too much and therefore not viable Smiley Sad 

I am really sorry that we haven't been able to install you Smiley Sad 

If you have any further questions or queries, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Junaid
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

How much is the cost? If i can share some will it work?

Because of Virgin I have no other Fibre-Optic option left. I should be informed on day one so I can go to BT.

Regards

0 Kudos
NVP
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They do it to businesses as well. Shameful service.

0 Kudos
vmhater
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

SSE has one of the industries best customer service record.

0 Kudos
NVP
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator