Menu
aidyp1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation nightmare, lying salesman

Completely **bleep** off with Virgin and they haven't even done the install yet.

Salesman sold me TV and internet but didn't mention that i'd have to dig up 40ft of block paving on my drive to have the cabling ran in.  When i asked him if they would just use the BT ducting to get straight to the house he, of course, said 'yes'.

The install team came round to survey the job 2 days before the install date and 2 hrs after the cutoff time for me to keep my BT internet, so now i'll be without broadband for over 2 weeks. Cheers.

Used the online chat to find out what could be done, but just kept getting told 'it's booked in for Friday and the installers will fix everything'.  Even though i'd just spoken to the installers who said they can't touch the block paving.

Wonder if i can invoice them for my time digging up the drive?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation nightmare, lying salesman

Hi aidyp1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

I understand it's frustrating when your installation doesn't go ahead as planned however we'll already be working as hard as we can to get the work needed completed. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
aidyp1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath
The order is cancelled now so it's not an issue but your install teams need to be looked at. I'm a Telecoms Engineer and I can't imagine going to a job and telling the customer they would have to dig up and re lay their drive.

0 Kudos
RyanC
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After waiting nearly 4 months for VM to lay a cable it took them three visits to get it sorted so not surprised at all. At least the team that came to you wanted to put it under your drive, the cowboys that came my way threw about half inch of topsoil over a bare cable!

0 Kudos