Menu
palbear
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Installation never happened and having to wait weeks again

My son in law contacted Virgin media and arranged for a new broadband install and was given yesterday 09/03/17 as the install date. 

He did mention to customer services when booking that they had no cable from the street to the home. That's not a problem the advisor informed him. So he cancelled his sky contract including the broadband to finish today 10/03/17

The engineer turned up to find that they had no cable connected to the house, what a surprise? He then informed my daughter that he would have to contact another engineer as he didn't how the cable or tools, so off he went saying he would contact my daughter later on her mobile. Hours went by and guess what? You got it, she had to phone him up. Once contacted he said, he didn't have another install date. Some hours later my daughter was texted another install date that would now be the 23/03/17. This is absolutely disgusting service. Phoned customer services and they said they had a later date down on the system than that date stated? Now they are stuck without any broadband wifi of any kind and will be for at least another two weeks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
spell
Well-informed
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation never happened and having to wait weeks again

apcyberax wrote:
So you know for sure that there is no blockage in the duct and that vm can get a table from the green box to your home without digging up roads.

What kind of question is that to ask a customer.

It's for VM to establish this, it's supposed to be the business they're in, and BEFORE giving an undertaking to connect on a stated date that THEY have given.

Very poor and totally without even a pretence at professionalism.

Contrary to the standard prepared response which is regularly trotted out it is not the council's or anybody elses fault apart from VMs who seem to lack the ability to plan, prepare and organise.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi palbear

I am very sorry to hear that there have been further delays to your daughter and son in law getting connected.

In order for us to identify which teams are specifically looking after this on their behalf if you could send a private message to me with their  name and full address, I can then look into this further for you, and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to provide any updates I can for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi palbear

Thanks for providing me with the details I requested on your PM to me.

Just so you know it's absolutely fine to PM us if we ask you to, but the other way round means potentially customers are queue jumping those who have waited their turn so that's why we don't answer unsolicited PM's. It's our way of making sure everyone is fairly treated on the forums. I hope that's okay Smiley Happy

As far as I can see the work is scheduled as planned for the 31st March as you have mentioned, and there is a 2man crew coming to attend the work needed as a one man standard installation would not work at the property of your daughter and son in law.

It all looks good to go Smiley Happy

Just keep in touch with us and let us know how it goes after the techs attend!

Cheers.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi palbear,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that your Son in law and Daughter have had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
palbear
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To Kath_F

what in gods name are you going on about?

have you read my post properly, or just toeing the company line.

nobody needs permits from the council, the cable is coming out of the hole in front of the house.

Only problem is it does not run up to the house, it was cut off some years ago?

Customer services were told this on booking the installation, and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

If your going to reply read the post again and then reply back to me. A date was given and all the relevant information was delivered to customer services before hand. Only problem was no one relayed it, and the engineer didn't get back to the customer. In my book that is RUDE.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So you know for sure that there is no blockage in the duct and that vm can get a table from the green box to your home without digging up roads.
0 Kudos
palbear
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yes is the answer to your question, the Enginner did not have the tools with him and would contact another Enginner who did.

then would return to install sometime later.

went away and never connected my daughter as PROMISED?

she had to contact him which he ignored numerous times, he only texted her back right at the end of the day.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you still done know that the cable to your drop point is in tact. the other engineer might have been sent to run the cable to the drop point before the next install and found a blockage that requires the road to be dig up.
0 Kudos
palbear
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Very argumentative are you,

let me just tell you, customer services were contacted and they assured my daughter and son in law that there was no problem with the cable being installed. They had spoken to the engineer and they could not give a reasonwhy the install didn't go ahead.

the new date was booked and would be going ahead Thursday next week.

two weeks after the original install date

So, the install didn't happen and information from customer wasn't passed on to the engineer regarding the site situation. Does that answer your query? So that's why they are annoyed . Thank you for your constructive replies to my post.
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

apcyberax wrote:

What kind of question is that to ask a customer.

It's for VM to establish this, it's supposed to be the business they're in, and BEFORE giving an undertaking to connect on a stated date that THEY have given.

Very poor and totally without even a pretence at professionalism.

Contrary to the standard prepared response which is regularly trotted out it is not the council's or anybody elses fault apart from VMs who seem to lack the ability to plan, prepare and organise.

palbear
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Here we go again, installation date as moved again.

installed the cable today, but now saying that they can't connect Thursday 23rd as promised.

they want to install phone and broadband next Friday 31st, over three weeks after original date.

no explanation given by customer service, just told it was changing and would have to accept it.

absolute crap service 

My daughter as now had two days off work for no reason. Also have to book another for next Friday.

Worst company I have ever come across in my life.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi palbear

I am very sorry to hear that there have been further delays to your daughter and son in law getting connected.

In order for us to identify which teams are specifically looking after this on their behalf if you could send a private message to me with their  name and full address, I can then look into this further for you, and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to provide any updates I can for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team