Menu
StefanoIT
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation delay

I am a new customer and I have subscribed my account with Virgin around the 24 of November. After two weeks, the late afternoon before the day the technician was supposed to come, I received a call to tell me that there has been a technical problem to connect my home to the central. When I spoke with the operator I have been told that the contractor has had a problem with the length of cable and that they needed to ask to another contractor to solve the issue. Now, after three weeks my girlfriend and I are still without any update and frankly I am seriously thinking to address to competitors because of waiting more than one month and a half to have an installation is not professional, especially in the heart of a big city as Glasgow.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation delay

This is one of the unique problems of using a supplier with their own network. If there are ducting blockages (which cannot be found until an install is attempted), the a construction team is bought in. They assess the work & then pass the plans to the local authority, which then has to issue a work permit. Telecoms permits are not treated in the same way as Gas, Electric & Water, & some councils will take several weeks to issue these. Then the work has to be completed before the re-pull contractor can then come in & do their job.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation delay

This is one of the unique problems of using a supplier with their own network. If there are ducting blockages (which cannot be found until an install is attempted), the a construction team is bought in. They assess the work & then pass the plans to the local authority, which then has to issue a work permit. Telecoms permits are not treated in the same way as Gas, Electric & Water, & some councils will take several weeks to issue these. Then the work has to be completed before the re-pull contractor can then come in & do their job.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos