Menu
chezzydc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation delay - lies

I don't want apology anymore.
I want broadband and VM to keep one promise.

Can anyone tell me why the preinstallation team uses this name when they cannot find out what the construction team is doing to install me? Can only leave voice mails today!

Why does no one check that any construction work has been done or not done? VM install team do they talk someone has been out marked floor and then not told install team.

Why do senior managers and managers offer to look into this promise a call back within an hour or within 4 hours and don't bother to call? 2 no calls. You wait in for call.

Why do you send an engineer to install when the cable has not been installed? Is this a reason why so many people are waiting for repairs. He asks me to confirm number and tells me his manager will call -no call.

Why do you inform your customers 20mins before day of installation. Then not at all on second installation? 2 days holiday used! How many more will I need? If you called me a day or two before and ask has anyone put a cable near your house then I'd know you are not going to install. Why can't you get an installation date correct? Then BT would not have shut down broadband because you said you were installing?

When I phoned about there being no construction work before second install date I was told when I asked about permits etc was I told it's not a problem I can promise a two person install team is coming to do construction on the day? Delay again construction one person came to install.

Do you know how to communicate between teams because your manager tells me you'll get a call I've left a voice mail with area construction manager he or I will call you. No call back from either.

Call again to ask for update. Senior Manager told me other team are dealing I'll email them you'll get a call? No call.

Why do calls take on average 40-60 mins with no solution and lies?

Why do I get 2 mail shots a week saying your street is ready for 200mb. It is not.

Will this help me get it resolved? My first post didn't.

No judgements, no apologies wanted, just want to know have I signed up to a company that can only break promises.

At least as BT customer you did get a call and a text saying someone is going to call. Not saying they are better but experience with handling complaints, checking what other people in company have said and final resolution. Time to get answer. I base this on what BT has done since VM told turn off my broadband. They have offered a reinstall date, apology even though VM fault, refund of charges when I move and some compensation for turning it off again not their fault. Is 100mb worth it for approximately BTs cost for 47mb?
0 Kudos
Swlittle
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delay - lies

I have had the same problems, install team were no help. Manager there (2 different managers) promised call back but never go that call...
14th Feb re schedule (no notice)
16th Feb no show
25th Feb checked connection all good have wire.
4th march 2 man team cancelled because I have wire in home,
7th march no show as yet again re scheduled because I need a 2 man team for install.
New date 30th march ( complained no way)
New new date 18th march....
Really wondering if someone will come.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hichezzydc

We will do our best to support you with this and I have picked this up for you on your other thread Delayed installation during switch from BT

In order for us to continue to support you , I will support you via that thread and close this one down as multiple threads about the same topic can hinder the support we offer to our customers.

I’ll be back in touch on the other thread as soon as I can for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swlittle

Many thanks for taking the time to join us on the forums and for getting in touch with us about the delays to your installation Smiley Sad

I am very sorry to hear you are affected in this way.

In order for me to look into this further for you I need you to confirm some information for me as I have been unable to locate your account.

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then check to see what the teams are doing to support you, and I will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm what we are doing for you and what to expect next Smiley Happy

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Xdouglasuk
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I wished I knew it before.
It's been one month already,since I've moved to the new property, they supposed to be here between 8 to 13,they are already late 30 minutes.
I called them up and one of the attendant told me that they were here but nobody was at the property, which is a total lie.
So they passed on to another person which promised that they were one their way, I will wait for it, but if they didn't turned up, I will cancel it and change to another provider.
I've been with them for 2 year but for the look of it, I think is time to move on.
0 Kudos