Menu
rhianduffy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Installation Issues - Construction Team Useless

I have now had two installation dates fall through due to "Construction Issues" When calling VM I have had every excuse possible to try to explain why they haven't installed (despite receiving a confirmatory text message on the day of installation in one instance !).

Initially VM blamed it on not receiving Wayleave forms from myself and my neighbour (they later confirmed that they had received them and it was their error). They then advised they needed permission from the local authority (which again they later confiredm that they didn't' as the install would be on private land ) and now the latest one is that they are "waiting on the Civils team to have a look at the install pack" whatever that means - they confirmed that they would be doing this two weeks ago though and when I called yesterday this was still the status. 

The upshot of all of this is that in six weeks there has been no progress and I am still 6-8 weeks away from having services installed. I foolishly advised BT 10 weeks ago that I would be terminating services with them and as a result was disconnected on the date that my VM services were due to go live (so much for planning a seamless change over) so I now have no Broadband or phone at all.

Very frustrated at the moment and I am strongly contemplating throwing the towel in and going back to BT with my cap in my hand.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation Issues - Construction Team Useless

Hi rhianduffy

Thank you for taking the time to join us on the forums and for getting in touch regarding the construction issues.

I am so sorry that the teams have not yet been able to get this sorted with you and I can see this is still ongoing.

To that end I have spoken to the construction team just now for you and they have included me in a communication escalating this on your behalf.

They will be looking into this for you and I will get back to you as soon as i can with any further updates I can for you.

If there is anything else you need support with, just let us know.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi rhianduffy

Thank you for taking the time to join us on the forums and for getting in touch regarding the construction issues.

I am so sorry that the teams have not yet been able to get this sorted with you and I can see this is still ongoing.

To that end I have spoken to the construction team just now for you and they have included me in a communication escalating this on your behalf.

They will be looking into this for you and I will get back to you as soon as i can with any further updates I can for you.

If there is anything else you need support with, just let us know.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhianduffy

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to look into this for you.

The teams have come back and confirmed this will take 6-8 weeks from the point in time this was escalated for you. This means there is approximately 3-5 weeks left for you to wait before this is complete.

You can contact the construction team at any time for updates with regards to this via 0345 045 0595.

Keep in touch if you need us to look into this any further for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Cancel it before it's too late, they only get worse.

rhianduffy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This problem is still outstanding despite you escalating it.

Can you please advise when the installation will take place by the close of this week otherwise I will cancel it altogether.

This is an absolute farce
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhianduffy

Thanks for getting back to us about this. My apologies I have not been able to pick this up sooner for you due to me being away.

I can see you have spoken to the teams as advised and they have brought you up to speed with the situation.

Please keep me posted on this and if there is anything else you need me to look into for me, just let me know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rhianduffy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Total non reply then.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I understand your frustrations with regards to this situation and apologies about the fact this is still an ongoing situation.

I did check into this for you when I first replied, and can see that you spoke to the complaints team yesterday about this and they have given you all the information we have up to that point. As this has not changed in the last 24 hours I'm afraid I can expand no further on this information right now.

I have however offered myself as point of contact if you do need anything further and am happy to continue to support you should you need this.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rhianduffy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Karen,

You seem to be focussing on a phone call where I was advised of an install date some time next week.

Unfortunately this has happened several times before and failed to materialise so until the installation happens I will remain sceptical. Effectively nothing has happened other than more lip service.

Further there is still no confirmation from Virgin that they will be covering the cost of my temporary data solution which you promised to pay for whilst I was without any internet access. I was advised by your colleagues that they would credit my account to the effect of £30 per calendar month. This has still not happened. I am now £60 out of pocket not including the countless telephone calls and three or four letters I have sent you (probably another £30 worth !)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhianduffy

I can see the construction expected date for next week but cannot confirm specifics regarding this on a public post unless you have informed on your post regarding this first as this contravenes our privacy rules.

This is why sometimes our posts can appear a little vague. We would love to say more if we could but our hands are tied as anyone can read these posts.

We do our best to work with the information provided here by our forum users and respond as best we can on this public forum but confirming that publically unless you have specifically stated the date first is one of our 'do-not's' when it comes to protecting your information. You may not want us to advise the public in general about this so we can't assume it's okay to divulge.

I'm happy to pm you with further details regarding the dates that were discussed when you called the day before yesterday if you prefer? I'll also update the complaint you have with us regarding the promised credits to see if this can be looked into.

Just let me know.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos