Menu
ageorgiev
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation Issue

Hello,

I've waited for years for Virgin Media to get my apartment building patched up (even though the buildings 50 yards away had it for years) and when they finally did in August they have been calling and sending offers non-stop since I was the one who requested it. I was finally able to get out of my contract with BT and signed up for Vivid 200, I had a pre-installation check as of 14/02/2017 on which the engineer expressed his concerns that the cable is not very well situated but said that it may still go on. I even had a follow-up visit from three Virgin Media engineers on 27/02/2017 which again wanted to familiarize themselves with the situation and didn't give any indication that there is a problem of any kind.

The installation itself was scheduled for 07/03/2017 but now with less than 2 days to it I am told that there is a problem with the cable between the local distribution box and my building, which will result in my installation being delayed till 28/03/2017 which leaves me without internet for 3 weeks!

I spoke with the Pre-Installation team in India (0800 052 1734) and they told me that they will escalate my issue and I should get a call back within 5 days but as of now they cannot even give me a guarantee that the installation will go on as planned on the 28th.

I would like to get definitive answer when I would get the installation or if it's going to keep dragging to let me know now, so I can cancel the order and go back to BT. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Issue

i would take the promise of a call back within 5 days with a large pinch of salt - happy to be proved wrong but history on here says they dont happen - not much the staff here will be able to do - the delay is usually because they have found a blockage in the duct so the cable cannot be pulled but something seems odd - the usual time frame on that is 6 weeks or more siting permissions from the council as one thing - in your case they have said 3 weeks which as i say seems odd

all you can do is keep pushing the pre installation team - hopefully they can give you answers - but get them whilst on the phone - a call in 24 or 48 hours is just a way of ending the call with you [sort of] happy - they dont happen [usually]

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Me thinks the re-pull teams are getting swamped with jobs. Seen several other supposed re-pulls quoting longer lead times than usual.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Never cancel any service until the replacement is installed and working correctly. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos