Menu
Swlittle
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation Day? Nightmare none shows.

Where to start.. I've had an absolute nightmare of a time with no show's with engineers and rescheduled appointments without any notification of the change's. Here's our run down of the awful service we have received so far and still no service!

At the end of January we moved home and thought let's go with virgin this time, good deals all in so off we go and sign up. Installation date confirmed as 14th Feb, ok 2 week wait that's cool. 14th Feb no show, checked virgin account. Re-scheduled 16th Feb (no notification). So booked another day off work, txt in morning engineer with be between 1pm-6pm. What a surprise no show... Rang up and they said engineer said needs to run wires (keep in mind I spoke to installation team and previous tenants had VM? And have wire into living room), but no one came to address? So install team said on system vm was cancelled by other tenants in January BUT on system says house not wired? So they re booked a two man engineer team for 3rd of March. In the mean time they sent a vm guy out to test wire in home. He showed up! Thanks, he was a real nice guy and said yes I tested your wire and you have a very good connection you can easily be sent a QuickStart pack. So all excited I rang vm and asked them for QS pack. No can do you don't have a wire in your home?! They could see it had been tested and that I have vm installed in home but system says no wire??? So I said ok I'll wait till 3rd march...haha. No I won't not that easy. Hold on they said we don't need a 2 man team now so I'll have to re schedule you install for a one man team? Nooo. I said please leave that alone but no. So it was changed. New date 7th march! Surprise, surprise no show AGAIN. Text in morning bla bla. Rang install again. "Your install was re scheduled for a two man team"?? As your not wired?? New date 30th March! No way. Want to cancel...we can get early date or cancellation priority for you... ok what date? 18th March. So another two week wait?

So nothing but hassle and no real help as to why no one turns up at my property and only one re schedule I knew about!
So far my experience with VM has been the worst I have ever had with any package provider ever..
(Note: in this time my friend has have VM visit them but no luck as she's in a block of flats but they don't cover them but on phone they said they did. And sky have been to them same thing. But at least she's had two engineers show up and not just left hanging)

So the question is, will the engineers turn up on the 18th? Or will I waste another day waiting in and then have to deal with my kids asking why they have no internet and yet another meltdown as their life's are on hold without internet 😂..

Thanks for taking the time to read this novel and I so hope no one else has to go through or has gone through what I have with my VM experience so far...

Yours a very confused and angry YET to be customer.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Day? Nightmare none shows.

Hi Swlittle

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having while trying to get our services installed in your home! 

I can totally understand the frustrations this experience has caused and I apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the delay with installation.

I am sure all will go ahead as planned on the 18th, please do let us know how things go. 

If you need anything else then do not hesitate to get back in contact with us. 

Many thanks
Ian_LP
Forum Team

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Swlittle
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Day? Nightmare none shows.

All went ahead on the day and was up and running with a few phone calls. Installation was completed but didn't have services till late evening.
Thanks for the reply
If only now, we can sort the poor internet speeds that would be great...
200mb speed running at 3mb is a joke..
0 Kudos