Menu
bobsweetland
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Install on Private Road already cabled

Virgin site survey completed and agreed 27th February (now 4th April), now informed by Virgin that permission to  investigate possible blockage in existing cabling duct requires Council permission which could take a further between 6 and 8 weeks. Why is this permission necessary in this private road. In the meantime who takes responsibility for my alarm system linked to the police and in the case of fire as I now have no land line or broad band ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install on Private Road already cabled

Hi bobsweetland, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your installation Smiley Sad 

Even though the cabling may already be laid, sometimes a fault is discovered causing more intricate work needing to be done. In your case, construction work is needed to renew part of the cable. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. While we are waiting on permits, there isn't anything further we can update you on. I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact date on when you'll be installed. We can only offer an estimate time which is 6 - 8 weeks.

As work progresses we'll be in a better position to give you an update on this. Feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Apologies once again, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos