Menu
chloe29
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Install issues - annoyed!!!

Hi how do I make an official complaint to Virgin? I signed up back in January with a man at my local shopping centre. Equipment was sent through the post, but couldn't connect it because I didn't have a Virgin phone line thing. Rang Virgin who sent an engineer on the 9th Feb, engineer said he couldn't do anything because there was a problem with the outside wires would need to come back and do a dig up. My garden and front path were dug up the same day. Engineer text to say another engineer would call on the 13th Feb to connect me. 13th Feb came but no engineer arrived. Rang Virgin who said It was booked in for the 15th. I text the engineer to find out why he said the 13th, he replied with a tonne of abuse. I rang Virgin and spoke to a manager. She promised me faithfully everything would be resolved on the 15th. She told me she would give me 2 months free as good will and would call me at 4 pm on the 15th to make sure everything was going smoothly. 15th came, engineer came and messed about with some wires outside then knocked on to say he was done. I was lie erm your supposed to get me connected!!! He then said "nah mate was sent to sort wires only" then walked off. Rang Virgin back who said they couldn't do anything else, I asked to speak to the manager I previously spoke to and nobody could locate her. She didn't ring me as promised either. Iv gone nearly a month with no TV. I don't have an indoor areal, iv got 2 kids that are now beyond restless and bored. Iv lost days off work, what do I do now? How do I file and official complaint? I left sky to come to Virgin and now I regret it. Iv had agents hang up on me, agents not understanding what I'm saying or mean!! I'm at a loss and not sure what to do now.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install issues - annoyed!!!

Self-install kits are only dispatched to addresses where there is a record of a former customer using the service. What it does not allow for is an occupier removing Virgins network cabling/sockets etc for whatever reason. This then needs an engineer install which should include setting up the equipment as well as the wiring. VM have had a tendency in the past to "overbook" contractors doing these jobs, which means they either A) skimp on the jobs they are given or B) they don't complete the jobs they are given in a day.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
chloe29
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install issues - annoyed!!!

I'm just so annoyed. 7 times iv been told a manager will call me with 24 hours and not once have they called back. I regret switching companies now.
0 Kudos