Menu
peterwhitehead2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly poor customer service

Hi

I have gone through your complaints procedure but I’m hitting a brick wall. I’m writing this in the hope that some action will be taken

I’ve been without your broadband service since the 28th Nov. That may not sound like a long time but I do really on it for work so loss of service for this length is crippling me. The issue I’m having is the inability to even book an engineer, never mind getting the issue fixed. Originally I had an engineer booked for the 29th Nov, but it was cancelled, then Saturday the 3rd Dec, which was cancelled, then Tuesday the 6th Dec, which was cancelled and then Wed the 7th Dec, which this morning I just heard was cancelled.

I raised a formal complaint yesterday and spoke to a David Chambers from your Glasgow office, he said the engineer booking problem was down to line utilization issues you’ve been having in my area, which wouldn’t knock out the service, but may cause some slowdown. That is not the issue I have however, my loss of service is complete. He apologised and said the system is automatic, if an issue with broadband was detected in my area, and subsequently fixed all engineer bookings are cancelled.

This is infuriating because it is evidently not the same issue I am having, but this makes booking an engineer visit nigh on impossible. David arranged for another engineer visit for the 7th Dec and said he would call me back in the evening, or this morning to confirm if any earlier appointments can be found and promised me this engineer visit would not be cancelled. I rang your helpline this morning only to find out that the booking for the 7th has been cancelled again and David is off, and no other manager can take up my case.

I’m really not sure what else to do, I cannot keep making phone calls just to book engineer visits further and further ahead in the future (as all the slots get taken up, and they get cancelled anyway). I’ve been a customer of yours in some form or another since Virgin Media existed (NTL/Telewest prior to that) and I have never had an issue treated as poorly as this.

I’m sending this mail because I’m really out of options, it’s crippling me not having this service running and seemingly I have no way of fixing it, and no one seems to take responsibility for it.

Thanks

Peter

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly poor customer service

Hi peterwhitehead2

Thanks so much for getting in touch with us about the issues you have had with your broadband and my sincere apologies that you have had the appointments that have been booked cancelled due to the area fault masking this issue.

With respect to the area problem, this is an intermittent connection loss, reference F004916383, and this is due for review today. Hopefully our engineers who are on site currently will be able to resolve this for us.

In the meantime we have booked an engineer for you for your individual issues, with the express notes to not cancel this appointment and I will track this when I am in next on Monday for you. I am in every day next week from Mon to Friday so will remain your point of contact for this until we resolve this for you.

I'm sending a pm to you that you can find in the envelope up by your forum name for me to confirm the appointment we have booked earlier on today when you called.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
peterwhitehead2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Noticed the engineer booked for wed has 'telephone fault' listed as the problem. My telephone service is fine, the broadband internet connection is the issue.

Also I heard from a neighbour 3 houses away from us, also on virgin media that their internet has also been out for a week now. They have had the same problem as me in booking an engineer visit so are unsure what to do now as they do not want another visit arranged only to be cancelled, but the problem remains unfixed. Are you sure this isn't a local problem you haven't noticed yet?

Thanks

Peter
0 Kudos
AreYouSerious
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen.

I'm the neighbour a few doors down that Peter referred to. Like him I have been without broadband since early last week.

Every time I have rung, I have been told that there is a signal-to-noise issue in the area (most recent ref F004915961) and to reboot the router, with no effect. Today I was told for the second time that you have "resolved" the SNR issue ("no known issues" is the current service status!), and that the only remaining issue is a utilisation issue in the area which (a) will mean we get intermittent service and (b) won't be resolved until February.

This explanation is totally implausible, and the suggested resolution absolutely unacceptable.

The service is not intermittent; it is entirely nonexistent - the router simply cannot connect at all. Surely a utilisation issue would result in a gradual deterioration of service quality, not a sudden total outage for multiple households lasting multiple days? It sounds to me like this fault has been mis-diagnosed and there is a fault in the local cabinet or in the local circuit.

Neither Peter nor I have had any broadband service whatsoever for a week now. Are you seriously expecting us simply to wait until February for you to fix this?

I would like you to explain what Virgin Media is doing to resolve this, and when. If your answer is genuinely "nothing until February" then I (and most likely Peter) will be taking our business elsewhere as a matter of urgency, and recommending to friends, family and colleagues to avoid Virgin Media at all costs.

0 Kudos
peterwhitehead2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen.

Do you have an update re: the above? It must be an area issue if my neighbours are affected but all I've heard is silence on your side apart from a 'utilisation issue' that is evidently not the same problem.

This is an appalling approach to customer service, the onus should not be on the customer to prove it doesn't work, which is the approach your helpline is taking lately.

Also your PM said you'd be back in touch on Monday but I've heard nothing for 2 days.

Thanks
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi peterwhitehead2, 

Thanks for popping back and updating us. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 

Since posting, I can see you've had an engineer's visit. Were they able to resolve the problems you were having? 

Checking the account, the status of the box is showing as online which sounds promising. 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos