Menu
Mlarriba
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect billing

I finished my contract effect 26th Dec , I have checked my bank account and the full amount has beben taken.

My billing period is between 10th Dec to 9th Jan, but since my last day with service was 26th Dec.

I think the adjusment in the next bill should be by 13 days that I have not had service. However in my next bill I will receive a credit by one Pound and not for the time that My contract is not in Virgin.

Which means I have been billed for services I no longer have.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect billing

When you cancel your account you have to give 30 days notice. Did you include these days from when you cancelled?

Alternatively, there is a chance the bill was calculated for this month before the account was closed..

You had best call up customer services and find out why.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect billing

Hi Mlarriba, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have decided to leave Virgin Media. Smiley Sad

When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue  and payments will be taken as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. If your services disconnected on the 26th December then you will receive a refund from this date.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos