Menu
Joanne9215
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect billing

I changed my contract which was take effect 10th Dec , I have checked my bank account and the full amount has been taken
Which means I have been billed for services I no longer have . In addition I was advised that the TiVo boxes I no longer need would need to be returned however I haven't received any packaging yet - can this be checked ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect billing

Hi Joanne9215

Thanks for getting in touch about the billing Smiley Happy

Given what you have said above it sounds like you have had a package change in between billing dates.

What happens in these instances is that the bill that has been generated before the change debits as normal at the set price it was produced for.

The next bill you have from us is adjusted to refund back any overcharges. I can see that your most recent bill has been produced for a much lower amount and you can find this on your account at  My Virgin Media.

Could you please get back to me and let me know if you still require packaging to be sent? This may have been delivered since you posted.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joanne9215
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I can see a credit on my account

No packaging has been received yet please can this be chased so I can return the unwanted boxes

Regards

Joanne
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joanne

I have requested form the teams for them to arrange to send this to you.

It's normally dispatched in 7-10 working days.

If you need anything else then please let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joanne9215
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen

If I don't receive within 10 days I will just dispose of these myself , I have the boxes cluttering my house for over a month and I just want rid of them now .

Regards

Joanne
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joanne, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this.

I would strongly advise against doing that as any equipment we need back is chargeable. 

We'll be able to chase this if you haven't received the returns pack. Just pop here and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
devon007
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Karen,  under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee Virgin Media are NOT supposed to take monies that are NOT due to them, regardless of what they say re their billing.  You are entitled to an IMMEDIATE refund of overpayments taken under the Guarantee - tell them they have twenty four hours to put the monies back otherwise you will go to the Ombudsman!  I am about to sue Virgin for their various and numerous failings in JUST THREE MONTHS since I have been with them  - I wrote and gave them seven days to sort it and guess what - not sorted.  I FIND THEM PATHETIC - I WANT TO GO BACK TO SKY.  My bill should be £37.00.  They have been told over and over since 23rd December they have got way too much wrong and they are still making mistakes. This month they are after £51.70 - guess what - they are not getting it - I am about to cancel my DD and will pay the £37.00 by an alternative method and then sue.  SO FED UP OF THEIR STUPIDITY.  For a technology company they suck.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

if you cancel the DD and pay another way you'll be charged a non DD as well so it will be more.
0 Kudos
Joanne9215
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i have received my packaging , however the standard box that I should be keeping on my current subscription is not working , the power cable is working fine as I have tested it on the other boxes however the box will not power up. I do not want to return my other boxes until i have a replacement as otherwise will have no other way of accessing my Virgin TV. Can you confirm who i need to speak to about this box ? We also have an error message of C130 when testing my service on one of the other boxes. 

Thanks 

Joanne 

0 Kudos
Joanne9215
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Box

Hi Karen

I have now sent 2 separate messages amount my box not working and I have not received any response, I have also tried to use your online chat which quite frankly is a waste of time offering this service as there is never anyone available to talk - no matter what time you try. I don't have time to spend hours at a time on a call to discuss the matter.

I don't want to receive any charges on my account as I have not returned the two boxes I am currently not paying for. It is clear that the box in question needs replacing as it will not even power on - the power cable works fine as this has been tested on the other boxes.

Would appreciate if someone could get back to me

Thanks

Joanne

0 Kudos