Menu
ChrissP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect Renewall Bill and Installation

Morning All,

I recently signed up to this board to get help with my Mothers account when she passed away last month, as the customer service I got through the normal procedure was shocking. The help I got from moderators here stopped me from cancelling my own contract, that I've had with VM for 5years+

So, with my renewed faith in VM - I decided to renew my own account with a new contract.

I browsed the internet and found the best deal at the time was through the Virgin Media Partners website, and I signed up for:
Full House Movies Limited Edition - £52 per month including Line rental. I then opted for the Vivid Gamer £5 per month option. Free installation, with a £14.99 activation fee.

I was already paying £56 per month just for TV and 100mb broadband, so this felt like a good deal. I have since however seen that this package was offered to other existing members for as little as £39 per month - but that's not my complaint.

I received an email detailing the package I had chosen, and told a contract would arrive in the post for me to sign, and installation booked for 10th March.

On the day of the install, the engineer told us that he hadn't of needed to come out to us, as what he did could of been done via the computer and a software upgrade. I questioned that I thought we were supposed to be getting a phone line, to which I was told No. I then asked if we were supposed to be getting a new TV box or Router, to which we were told that was extra, and he had some on the van we could buy for cash. I thought this sounded very underhand.

Convinced that something had gone wrong, I go back to the VM partners website, and the Full House Movies Limited Edition offer was no longer on there, so I couldn't see exactly what I was supposed to get. But a google search finds lots of details.

Yesterday, I receive an anticipated bill. My last bill was £56 - my new bill is £168.

My new package is the Full House Movies pack at £77+£19 line rental...

Not the limited edition pack at £52 including Line Rental.

So I'm being charged for a pack I didn't sign up for - and paying for Line Rental I was told I wasn't getting when the installer came.

They are also charging £40 for the manned install - that was supposed to be Free - and nothing was even installed.

They are also backdating me for March 10th - 23rd.

I phone and speak to customer services, who deny knowing about the Full House Movies Limited Edition package. He tells me to email them proof of the offer I signed up for. Not sure why, as I have an email from VM confirming my order, with an order reference.

It seems like other people have had issues with this package.

Can someone please help get my account sorted to what I signed up for, as seeing as though I've still not had a contract through, I should be within my rights to cancel the whole lot as I'm not getting what I agreed to.

There's no Vivid Gamer pack mentioned on my new bill - and lets not even get started on the 200mb line rental speed.

I'm also still waiting for a call back from the customer services team, which was over 24 hours ago.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect Renewall Bill and Installation

Hi Chris

I am incredibly grateful that you've taken the time to post about this to us and thank you so much for letting us know about the issues with your billing.

I know we worked together with your Mum's account and thank you for allowing us to support with that.

Each new query a community member has, has to be individually posted about in order to look into each query in a fair and consistent manner so I would like to thank you for your support and understanding in posting publically about the issues you have had with your set up.

I've taken a look at this for you and it looks like one of our team on the phone has done an amazing job at resolving this for you and that the billing disputes have been rectified.

I'm happy to look into this for you if you still have any concerns of course given the situation and the fact that it has been initially incorrectly set up, but if you're happy with the work my colleagues did for you to correct this for you when you called this week, then that's fantastic Smiley Very Happy

Just keep me posted and I will be happy to help out.

Kindest regards.

Karen

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ChrissP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, I'm still waiting to find out exactly what happened with my initial order, I've been promised email or call back from the virgin media partners website, but not heard anything yet.

The customer service team have 'cancelled' the incorrect package that had been applied, and they've promised that my £168 bill due to go out next week will be reduced down to £57

While I'm happy that we've got somewhere, the whole experience took far too long to sort out. After being passed from pillar to post, told incorrect information and false promises, I have little faith that next week the Bill will be changed as promised. There are indeed certain individuals like yourself that shine out against the rest of the VM team, and I'm sure if there were a lot more Karen's in VM then the atmosphere on these boards and VM social media posts would be entirely different.

I feel that you've VM have had my last chance now, so if next week there are any issues with the bill, or if I have any issues during this new 12 month contract, I'll be done with VM for good, and they'll receive no praise if anyone asks for my opinion.

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Chris

Thanks for the feedback, that was lovely Smiley Happy

If you want to check the statement amount that has been processed for you then one way to double check this would be to check your bank statements online if you have access to this, as I can see that this was processed in the last week for you. This should confirm the amount taken was the £57 promised.

I've run a quick health check on the account for you and I'm going to drop a PM to you to discuss this further given the nature of the experience that you have had with us.

If you could pop back to me on this, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos