Menu
shaan2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect Billing Following Accepting Retentions Offer

I really hope I can find some help here - I've called Virgin Media so many times and wasted so much time on hold and being transferred around uninterested people in various departments that I am utterly fed up. Please note that I have requested to speak with a manager and a senior manager at least twice over the phone, been promised a call back, and no one has ever called me back.

My broadband contract came to an end in about October 2016. I cancelled with the necessary 30 days notice. I then received a phonecall from the Retentions department who offered me the same package (50mb broadband with a phoneline) for the same special offer price I had been paying previously (£4.99/month). Retentions offered to credit me the line rental saver payment too. I accepted this offer. Please note that we don't have a phone, so don't make or receive any calls and as such our bill should always be £4.99/month.

The line rental saver credit was actioned as promised. However, since then my bills have been a mess. Virgin have tried to charge me £33.81, £42.82 and more recently £21.00. My bill should be £4.99 every month.

I have been phoning them up every month to challenge my bills and to ensure that the direct debit payment is £4.99. Each time the Virgin Media rep struggles to understand my issue and eventually promises to correct my future billing. There has been no correction applied to my account.

At the end of December 2016 Virgin Media took £15.82 from my bank account by direct debit. I have called them up and the rep on the phone couldn't understand my issue and refused to refund me or even recognise that I was due a refund.

I would like my bill corrected from this point on and until the end of my 12 month contract period. Can any of the forum reps assist please?

I am also thinking about cancelling my direct debit as it is quite clear that Virgin Media are unable to issue me with the correct bill, or to be trusted with charging my bank acount correctly. Does anyone have any experience in this regard please? Will Virgin attempt to charge me the £5 a month non-DD account fee?

I really hope someone can help please. I am utterly fed up with all things Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect Billing Following Accepting Retentions Offer

Hi shaan2017,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us. 

I'd love to be able to help you with this however we're not able to look at individual billing issues. I have taken a look at the account and it looks as though the last person you spoke to has put things right in terms of the billing however they were unable to put you forward for a call back due to no number or suitable time given to them. 

You will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can arrange a call back for you too. 

Come back and let me know how the call goes.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shaan2017
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for your response. I hope the last agent I spoke with has put my account right.

Each time I requested a call back I provided my phone number. Additionally, I believe that my phone number has been registered on my account since I signed up with Virgin Media back in October/November 2015. My phone number has not changed during this time. I was not asked to suggest a suitable time to receive a call back from a manager - I was simply informed that this could happen anytime within 24 hours. As previously mentioned no one ever called me back.

I am reluctant to waste any more of my time calling Virgin Media to try and address my billing issue. I will await my next bill and if it isn't correct I will consider my options very carefully.

Shaan 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

Even though we have a phone number on file, you may not actually want to be contacted on this which is why we ask for a preferred contact number Smiley Happy 

We do ask for times simply to make sure we're not trying to call when you are unavailable. 

I understand how frustrated you are so keep an eye out for your next bill. If things are still not right, come back to us and let us know. We'll then take a look at what's happened. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos