Menu
ksm72
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Incessant calls from filipino call centre

Hope this is the right place for this question! How can I stop the incessant calls from the Filipino virgin call centre trying to upgrade my account? I have repeatedly told them that if they are going to be increasing my bill I am not interested. But I am now getting at least two calls a day, with blank messages being left on my answer phone. I am unable to block numbers on my mobile without downloading yet another app.  Is there any way of removing myself from this list? Anyone else having this problem? I am quite happy with my package as it is, and when I feel like upgrading, I do it online, or call them myself.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Incessant calls from filipino call centre

The Forum team can arrange for your details to be removed so that you do not receive any more calls. That is the good news.

The bad news is that they can take up to two weeks to respond to posts and then, for some unfathomable reason, once they have set in motion the steps to get your details removed from the appropriate list, there is an unacceptably long wait before this is finally accomplished.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you could have a chat with customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 and ask to be removed from all marketing campaigns, since frank is correct there is a about a week or so to get reply from a forum admin
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
jimbean
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi ksm72

I'm having same trouble in fact had it for months now I'm afraid there's not much can be done  i phoned tps and was told

because they were calls from abroad there weren't  much they could do

I get at least 20.per week

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Forum team can arrange for your details to be removed so that you do not receive any more calls. That is the good news.

The bad news is that they can take up to two weeks to respond to posts and then, for some unfathomable reason, once they have set in motion the steps to get your details removed from the appropriate list, there is an unacceptably long wait before this is finally accomplished.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
jimbean
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info frank
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you could have a chat with customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 and ask to be removed from all marketing campaigns, since frank is correct there is a about a week or so to get reply from a forum admin
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
ksm72
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Thanks, will try to contact customer services when I have time! Just been particularly bad this week, usually when I tell them not to bother calling as they won't get any commission from me the calls stop for a couple of months, but this time they have increased the intensity!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ksm72

Thanks for joining us on the community and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear you are getting an unusual amount of nuisance calls from our Sales and Marketing teams.

For us to remove your details on our marketing screens you can either:

• Contact us via 150 or 0345 454 1111
  • Or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and update your preferences.

Please be aware once this has updated it can take up to 6 weeks to stop the calls from coming through. This is due to pre loaded campaigns and offers having already pulled the data we need to arrange for the calls to our customers which do not update with the account preferences once they are in use. Once that 6 week timeframe has elapsed all current campaigns and drives should have finished and all new ones will have your updated preferences preventing them from calling you.

Additionally I am going to send a pm to you to see if we can look at supporting your further with this. You can find this in the next to your forum name.

If you could drop a reply back to me on this, that would be great Smiley Happy

Thanks again and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos