Menu
stevenn661
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

In the Military Leaving Virgin Media

I just wanted to post something on this forum to praise Virgin Media and to pass on this information to anyone in the military.

I have been promoted and now have to be assigned to an area that does not have Virgin Media services. I will still have 10 months to run on my contract and would have liked to keep Virgin Media.

The customer service advisor Cerlo was very helpful and placed me on hold whilst he checked some details. He checked my file and found details that i already receive a military discount and that is on my file.

He informed me as a privilege of serving the country and representing the Armed Forces, Virgin Media understands that we have to move around quite often and when i move house i would not have to pay any cancellation charges. I worked out that with the package i am on that could be over £200.

It puts faith back into some of the big companies, that they understand and sympathise and give this good will gesture. I will be passing on this information to show that Virgin Media are one of the big companies upholding the Armed Forces Covenant and helping out our Armed Forces.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: In the Military Leaving Virgin Media

Interesting

Do doctors, nurses, paramedics etc all get the same special treatment too?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

What an extremely unpleasant and mean spirited response.

Congratulations on your promotion stevenn661 and well done VM for having regard to the Forces Covenant.

stevenn661
Tuning in
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Do doctors, nurses, paramedics etc, have to move house every 2-3 years without any choice because of their job?

I don't know of any, and i doubt you do too. Just a typical bitter troll response.

Thankyou for the 2nd person who congratulated me. I only joined this forum to pass on the information and praise VM.

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I don't think Afghanistan has virgin Smiley Happy
dan_waterston
Joining in
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

That is interesting stevenn661, as I am in exactly the same situation having been promoted and moving out of a VM provided area and my experience could not have been more different; Virgin are refusing to waive any disconnection fee and I am looking at a bill of over £200. I have escalated the matter in a formal complaint to their headquarters as instructed on the 'phone but simply got a non-headed templates letter from a customer service representative (Surekha Sakpal- no details of actual position in the company as the letter is not headed and there is not a explanatory signature block) which in essence just said no and did not really address the questions raised in my letter.

I was frankly gobsmacked to receive this blunt and impersonal response as I thought that it was a fairly compelling case once it got to someone with some level of decision making ability. I should note that I informed them in plenty of time ahead of my move (3 months) and was clear when I got the contract that I was in the Armed Forces and was liable to move within the time limit of the contract, which they assured me would not be a problem (incidentally I never got a discount- I didn't know we got one?!).

Having stumbled across this post through Google I am interested to note that VM are apparently signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant- my experience to date is that their commitment is not matched by their deeds and my advice to any one that I speak to currently is NOT to get a contract through VM (that you have had a good experience does give me some hope though...).

Incidentally a friend of mine who is ALSO in the same situation has his contract with Sky and they have waived his disconnection fee without issue. Maybe it is just me?!

Maybe someone from Virgin Media will respond here?

Moderator Danni_M
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan_Waterston, 

I've sent you a PM, check the red envelope at the top of the forum Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Danni_M 

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Outcome would be of interest Dan - unless its to be a secret (PM) - congrats on promotion

0 Kudos
Paul_Smith
Superfast
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Well done VM on this occasion, I nothing but the up most respect for the men/women serving our country. So I would like to say congratulations on your promotion. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Its not resolved yet Paul - certainly hope it will be - I can't imagine VM will want to continue with the current stance

0 Kudos