Menu
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In store upgrade- don't believe what they tell you!

I recently upgraded my Virgin Media package to VIP bundle (from just having broadband) by going into my local Welwyn Garden City store. The deal was £120 pm with the first 3 months discounted to £105 pm. I had nothing in writing, this was what I was told and I signed up. The contract came through with pricing info that said £120 pm but nothing about the first 3 months at £105 pm. I went into the shop and discussed and they said that the discount offers are not put in the contract but applied on billing. WRONG! My first bill through and, guess what no, discount. Are the shop staff dishonest or not competent. I have my opinion.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: In store upgrade- don't believe what they tell you!

Shop staff are on commision...so a 'sell it, let someone else sort out the mess' attitude exists, whether you feel that's wrong or not, it's how it is. Sales staff, either in shops, or over the phone, will tell/promise you absolutely anything to get you to sign a contract...

Personally, I would NEVER trust ANYONE from VM to be HONEST with the truth..time and time again, I have been told 'bullpoo', (being 'economical with the truth' as my gran used to say, but same thing).

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Always get it in writing and trust no-one are the two rules of survival.  There is no truthfulness or integrity anymore when it comes to sales staff.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I should have got it writing but didn't and I'm disappointed in myself for not doing that, I'm usually on the ball but was in a hurry. The only saving grace is that now I have the service I'm actually very pleased with it but disappointed in the lack of honesty/competence of the store staff.

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am sure there are a lot of honest conscientious and knowledgeable staff working for VM, indeed I have dealt with some of them over the years. I have however also dealt with some who have appeared to lack these attributes. Sadly my impression is that the ratio of the later to the former has increased over recent years. VM are far from alone in this respect and as long as the bottom line is king to both customers and suppliers I doubt it will change any time soon.
0 Kudos
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm sure you're right and I don't want to over react and cast aspersions on all, that's not fair. I may have been a victim of poor training for all I know. Anyhow I'm happy with the service so far and overall quality so let's hope it continues.
0 Kudos
archerboy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This has all been sorted now with a call to customer services and I ended up getting an amended deal that worked out tons better than the one offered in the shop. I must say that I've dealt with customer services a couple of times now and had nothing but excellent interaction, contrary to a lot of negative comments I see on the forum. Perhaps I've just been lucky. They've sorted out problems efficiently and been very helpful. Hope it continues.  

0 Kudos
boxitup
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No better on line, Sept offered handset with free tablet & 9+£1 billing.... No tablet and £10+£1...in effect called a liar the day after when the phone arrived minus the tablet..... Went to arbitration the top and tale of it was that they do not tape all calls did not and wasn't going to listen to it. Said that I had no proof of the offer! Short if taping the calls I make (data protection?) how was I to prove she said it. They put the onus on me. Next upgrade will highly likely be elsewhere. I note a very different attitude with customer service at virgin. Not as helpful or customer caring. Have they sold out to some other crowd of....
0 Kudos