Menu
lauragaden
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to return equipment

Hi,

Our contract ended on the 31st October. We received an email stating the returns packaging would be sent out. But nothing arrived after two weeks...

So we got in contact using the VM chat and arranged for another set to be sent out. But nothing arrived after two weeks...

So once again, we contacted VM chat to complain. This time at least we received another duplicate email (received 21/12/16) stating packaging would be sent out. But nothing arrived after two weeks...

Last Sunday (8/01/17), giving up on the chat route we decided to request packaging over the phone. Instead we were assured that the original packaging had been sent out and it should arrive soon. However still nothing arrived after one week of calling.

An original email + three requests for packaging, yet nothing but broken assurances from Virgin Media. How long are we reasonably expected to further pursue this? All whilst being under threat of charges for not returning loaner equipment?

This is a last resort to get some sort of remedy by complaining publicly. Can somebody on the forum team help work out what is going wrong here?

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Impossible to return equipment

Hi there lauragaden,

Many thanks for posting and apologies for the delay with getting this out to you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more about this and confirm some details.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there lauragaden,

Many thanks for posting and apologies for the delay with getting this out to you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more about this and confirm some details.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gaskinsbln
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happened with me.

I have ordered the packaging three times now. Nothing ever arrived.

I called today to complain and had to go through all sorts of elaborate security questions even though all I wanted to know was where I could return the equipment in person. Answer: you can't.

In the meantime, my account has been charged 40 quid for the router I've been trying to return.

Clearly this is a tactic of the company to scam people!

0 Kudos
gaskinsbln
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nat_J: Could you please let me know if it is possible to return Virgin Media routers after a contract has ended to a brick and mortar Virgin Media Store?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi gaskinsbln, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear you've left us. 

I have gone in to the account to double check your equipment and sadly we will need it back. 

As you haven't yet received the returns pack,you can request a new one here: Returning equipment to Virgin Media?

If you are still having an issue receiving the pack after this, come back and let us know.

Apologies again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
statex
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I believe it is a rip off. I recently left VM and paid my last bill at the end  January £50 . I was cut off on 9/02/2017/ They only refunded me £4. Although I paid 1 month in advance when joining VM . I requested a breakdown of my final bill but no one has provided one, they just state that the bill is correct. Have I been charge fo obsolete equipment? Because I was not sent a package to return their equipment. Following the above posts this seems to be a VM scam.

They obviously dont want old equipment but make it another way of ripping the customer off.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You don't pay in advance and then have that payment held for when you leave.

You're billed in advance each month, but the payment date is then during the billing period. So by the time you pay, you're using the services you're paying for.

Your first bill can be for up to two months as it's from the date of your install through to the first bill and then the billing period in advance. But again, by the time you pay your first bill, you've been using the services the payment is for.

All bills show a breakdown of the billing period, the same goes for the final bill generated after you leave.

See here for more details https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own