Menu
rdza82
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Immediately regretting joining Virgin

I was quite excited when Virgin recently started servicing my area and was looking forward to the famous super-fast fibre. Cancelled Sky and rang the lady who had emailed me with some 'fantastic offers'. She wasn't there so I left a message to call me back - never happened. Emailed her back and she replied asking me to call again. Still not available, another message left, another call back not delivered. I decided to sign up myself online instead and picked an installation date and was ready to go. I received an email 2 days later asking for my landlords details which I immediately replied to saying I owned the property and this was not necessary.

After thinking about it myself and my wife decided to go for a different package and so I rang them to amend it (this is 2 weeks before the installation date). The lady I spoke to said she couldn't amend the deal as I still needed to confirm my landlord details. I explained again that I own the property and she took the details of my new order and quoted a price almost double of what was quoted online. I queried this and had to go online and find the deal again before she would believe me. She then said she would swap the deals over but she'd have to call me back later that day to confirm the property ownership issue.

Obviously this phone call never happened and I received an email 2 days later with my account details that showed I had been switched onto the wrong deal. So I call again and spoke to another lady who again told me the deal I wanted wasn't available and she couldn't do anything until I had confirmed my landlords details. I again got the deal up online and explained to her what I wanted but she refused to believe me and even asked me which website I was looking at as that deal didn't exist and she was trying to get me to sign up to the contract that was almost double! Whilst this was happening (and I was obviously not happy) she tried to sell me a mobile phone deal (actually started laughing at this point at the sheer cheek of it!) She eventually transferred me to another department but she didn't introduce the call so I had to give all my details and explain the situation again. Luckily this new lady was aware of the deal I wanted but before she could amend it she had to confirm my landlords details *bangs head against wall*

Whilst all this was happening I had an email, a leaflet and a salesman knocking on my door offering me 'amazing deals' and another email saying that my installation date had to be changed with no explanation why.

So not the best experience so far. Please tell me it gets better as I've got an 18 month contract!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immediately regretting joining Virgin

Hi rdza82,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had a less than perfect journey so far Smiley Sad 

Since posting, have you had much luck in getting the new deal confirmed and a new installation date set? 

If we're asking you for Landlord details, owner records must be different to your details. Have you put the account in someone else's name such as a partner or family member? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
circuslady
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immediately regretting joining Virgin

Sorry mate, it doesn't get any better! I have been with them for years and this year decided to leave because I cannot pay for such crap service anymore!
0 Kudos