Menu
SJW77
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I want to reduce my Bills\Package

Does anyone know how to reduce your monthly package or bill without starting a new 12 month contract? I need to lower my bills but have been informed i have an 18 month contract and for the remaining 6 month i cannot reduce my billls without taking out a new 12 month agreement! I cannot commit to 12 months right now but need to cut my bills, if i cancel i have to pay over £200! any help appreciated Regards Steve
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to reduce my Bills\Package

Any change to your package triggers a new 12 month contract, you can phone in and ask but I don't know if they have the leeway to not implement this, and even if they tell you it hasn't the system may well override this and trigger one anyway

0 Kudos
SJW77
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thid doesnt help my finances now though does it!  not happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, no but it is you, not Virgin Media, who is failing in your commitment to your existing contract. You've benefitted from the initial discounted period of your contract and now, quite rightly, Virgin Media want to benefit from you paying full price for the rest of your contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've fallen on harder times Smiley Sad

As already mentioned above, any deals you negotiate now will cause you to start a new contract. 

Your best bet is to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to see what we can do for you. Once you are armed with the information you can make a decision on what's best for you Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos